23

Chapter 23: The Warfare Ends

"Scaldric." At the mention of its name, it snickered with its very deep voice that sent chills all over their bodies.

"Killua, let's attack." Gon said, his eyebrows meeting as his eyes were filled with determination.

"O-Okay." Killua stuttered. He swallowed the lump in his throat before taking a deep breath. "Let's do it." They both got prepared to attack and when they're finally ready, they dashed towards the demon.

Hisashi and Hisoka who were behind a tree are watching the two boys battling against the demon. Both Gon are Killua were thrown away many, many times already before they could even land an attack on the demon. Despite the bruises and the wounds, they continued to attack Scaldric. But it was mainly Gon, and Killua only followed to make sure that the demon's attention was divided and so that Gon wouldn't receive the blows alone. He is a good friend, but being a good friend doesn't bring them any advantage.

They stand no chance against Scaldric.. yet. Hisashi thought as she observed the two boys with Hisoka leaning against the tree beside her. He was playing with his cards with a small smile on his face. Hisashi was rather confused at his behaviour. Why is he not paying attention to his 'unripened fruits?' He was known for his interest towards Killua, Leorio, Kurapika, and especially Gon. Now that two of them are in action, why isn't he watching them?

"Hisoka?" She called him, making him hum and look at her. "Why aren't you watching them? You're interested in them, right?" She asked, her curious eyes staring straight at his. He smiled, leaning closer to her and placing his lips above hers. Her eyes widened at what he did as her heart pounded fast and loud. When he pulled back, he had this wide smile on his face that made him look stupid.

"W-What's with you?" She stuttered, averting her gaze towards Gon and Killua who were getting beaten up by Scaldric the demon.

"That was my answer." He said, leaning against the tree once again.

"How did that became your answer?" She asked, looking at him once again.

"It says that you're the apple of my eye." He said as he played with his cards once again. She grimaced at his answer.

"Cringe." Hisoka only chuckled at what she said. And there they are, being lovey-dovey with Gon and Killua getting thrown away in the background.

After a minute, Hisashi cracked her knuckles and that caught Hisoka's attention.

"Is it time?" He asked, averting his gaze to her.

"Yeah. I still need those boys for Flame." She answered, craning her neck from neck to right. "Stop staring at my neck, Hisoka." She chided, making Hisoka roll his eyes jokingly.

"Killjoy." She shook her head at him.

"Okay, then, let's go." With what she said, she and Hisoka went out of their hiding place and ran towards the demon who just threw Killua against a tree. They immediately caught its attention, making Hisashi smirk. The demon's eyes glowed in interest and delight seeing new toys to play with. It ran towards them and roared, preparing its fist to attack. They were getting closer and closer but when they were in front of the demon, they split in their paths with Hisashi on the left and Hisoka on the right. Hisashi took Killua with her while Hisoka picked Gon up. They ran once again as the demon looked back at them. It snickered, probably enjoying the chase. It ran to follow them.

While they were running, they exchanged looks and narrowed the distance between them. The demon behind was snickering, laughing even, was probably enjoying the chase. Hisashi only shook her head. She knew that he would probably not enjoy what would happen next. When the demon was already running too fast, she nodded at Hisoka who immediately dropped Gon on the ground, her doing the same thing to Killua. They met together as she stretched her hands out towards Hisoka.