Chapter 2

Hope the idea of getting this to my new profile isn't that bad..
No matter what this books is always closest to my heart..

Snow.

I woke up with the same old routine. I made breakfast for all like always and went on to wake them up.

"Josh, Rose, Mike, Nick.... wake up now or go to school without food." I yelled at them.

"We are up" they all screamed in one tone.

"Good freshen up and come to the table" I told them and went to Jenny's room.

"Hey good morning Jenny" I said. Jenny owns this orphanage home. We all call her Jenny and she is the only warmest person I know.

"You up again" she said.

"The breakfast is ready" I said and just when I was about to leave, she held my hand.

"Take some rest why you have to do all this how many times have I told you that it was not your mistake" she said.

"You will be eating the breakfast when it gets cold if you come late so come quick" I said and left.

While my way back to dining hall I saw the cradle we had placed in the garden to check if anyone left a Child again and I feel happy when I find it empty and this time I found it empty and this gave way to the tears waiting to slip from my eye I looked up to the sky and mouthed thank you and went inside.

"It's delicious Snow" Mike said.

"Thank you" I replied.

"You guys are going to be late to school if you don't leave now" Jenny said. And all the kids ran out of the house.

"Careful" I yelled behind them.

"They will be don't worry" Jenny said. I started cleaning up the table and washed the dishes and was about to leave to work when Jenny spoke.

"You can move out of the home now Snow you are 19 " she said.

"I'm fine" I replied.

"Yeah I can see that" she said.

I said a quick goodbye to her and went to my workplace. I worked in a library-cum-bookstore. I liked this place as it's silent all the time and they pay me enough to pay a few bills and take care of little expense of those four kids. The rest will be handled by the Evans trust I'm thankful to them and we have the charity function coming up on this Saturday I hope I pass the test conducted by the same trust which will give me 100% scholarship for the further studies. I have always studied on scholarship but this one is different and difficult as per my research no one has ever got a 100% scholarship and I think my chances are pretty low this time.

"Hey, can you take my shift today I'll switch with you tomorrow" one of my colleague said.

"Okay" I replied. And soon the store was filled with people like usual and I got busy in no time.

"Snow...Jenny is on the line" my boss said pointing to the phone.

I went and took the phone.

"Get one phone at least Snow" Jenny said.

"I don't need. Why did you call do you want anything" I asked?

"There is one good news for you" she said.

"What?" I asked.

"You and your even tone for all the occasions" she said.

"Jenny the news" I asked her.

"Oh yes I got a letter today from the Evans Trust you cleared the test and you got the 100% scholarship dear and you are the first one ever you will be honored on the charity event this weekend" she said with excitement in her tone I was glad that she was happy.

"Oh, I thought I would not clear. And Jenny can you call Mrs. Evans and tell to cancel that honoring thing" I requested her.

"That is never going to happen" with that she hung up leaving no room for arguments.

I was not comfortable with this honoring thing but I can send Jenny on the stage instead of me but she would not do that and I'm sure about that. But I got the scholarship I'm happy for that. With those thoughts I continued working.

*************************

D

o let me know how you have likes this book.

Thank you for reading

Do
Vote
Share
Like
Follow