𝟬𝟭 art of living recklessly

𝟬𝟭art of living recklessly

𝟬𝟭
art of living recklessly

𝟬𝟭art of living recklessly

          Trinity Shoupe had a habit of chewing her lip whenever she was focusing on something.

Situated at a table in the Kildare County Public Library, the sixteen-year-old currently had her attention narrowed in on her chemistry textbook.

Her forearms were neatly folded in front of her while her eyes scanned a page about molecular bonding. Underneath the table, her ankles were crossed and her backpack rested against her leg.

She'd been dragged to the library after school that day by her best friend, Ellie Routledge. Normally, Trinity would have made a fuss, but the words 'library' and 'a chance to study' had convinced her to tag along with Ellie- or rather, drive her and Ellie up to the library herself since the latter didn't have a car of her own.

Trinity had been skeptical of the reasoning behind Ellie persisting that they study at the local library that afternoon. The brunette girl was nowhere in sight before her now as she had left to use the restroom over fifteen minutes ago. As Trinity reached the end of the page she was reading from her textbook, she turned her head around to look for any sight of her friend midst the aged, oaky interior of the library.

No luck.

A sigh expelled Trinity's lips as she returned her attention to her book and flipped the page. She had made it halfway through the contents of the next chapter when soft giggling caught her ears. It was followed by an urgent shushing sound that had Trinity turning back around with a frown marking her features.

That was when she caught a glimpse of Ellie between the gaps of the book shelves. The girl was wearing a bright smile just before another figure closed in on her. Trinity's jaw dropped when she saw their lips touch.

Spinning back around, she processed what she'd witnessed with her mouth still parted in shock. She didn't know wether to feel angry or amused at the fact that her best friend had ditched her to hook up with someone in a public library. It wasn't a regular occurrence, and yet— and yet, Trinity was not surprised by Ellie's behavior.