𝟭𝟰 art of wistful thinking

𝟭𝟰art of wistful thinking

𝟭𝟰
art of wistful thinking

𝟭𝟰art of wistful thinking

By the end of the week, JJ had returned Trinity's car back to her with her AC up and running again.

Her words seemed to have gotten into his head the other day since he no longer bothered her with "tips" on how to move on from him. Not only did he stop bringing the topic up, but he resumed a nonchalant attitude with her. He didn't talk to her about the kiss, he didn't talk to her about the bucket list, he didn't talk to her about anything really. And Trinity was starting to understand that maybe the distance would be a good thing for a while.

But it wasn't like there weren't other distractions keeping her thoughts from dwindling over to the Maybank boy.

"Hey."

"Hi."

She had told Carson that she would take him to go see her brother in the hospital and after giving him her number the day they ran into each other at the Island Club, Carson had reached out to her about seeing Tristan two days later.

They'd agreed to meet up at the hospital that Friday morning. Carson had come dressed in a crisp white v-neck paired with ripped black jeans. It was such a simple outfit and yet he pulled it off so well that Trinity was glad she'd decided to dress up a little by coming adorned in a corduroy overall dress.

The occasion didn't depend on proper outfit choices, and the reality of this only hit Trinity when they walked into the hospital together. The sickening feeling in her stomach only worsened as the two grew closer and closer to the room Tristan Shoupe had occupied for nearly a year now.

Trinity felt Carson's eyes on her as they finally closed in on the door her brother was behind. She let out a heavy breath as she hesitantly placed her hand on the door handle. She figured several seconds passed where she stood rooted to the spot, unable to actually turn the handle. Carson eventually stepped forward and gently placed his hand over her own. Trinity turned her face to look up at him and her heart raced when she noticed how close he was. A certain comfort came from his proximity, however. His hand felt warm over hers and when she felt him begin helping her turn the door handle, she welcomed the help.