𝟭𝟮 art of small talk

𝟭𝟮art of small talk

𝟭𝟮
art of small talk

𝟭𝟮art of small talk

Trinity was kicking herself for not getting her car AC fixed sooner.

Of course, in the time it took for the system to blow out absolutely nothing but hot air, she had to have gotten herself in an awkward situation with the only south-side car technician who cut her any deals.

After Luke Maybank's latest overdose had landed him in a rehabilitation center, JJ had taken over his father's business and made a living for himself by fixing people from the Cut's cars and bikes. Everything he knew about automobiles came from endless hours of helping out whenever his dad wasn't sober enough to finish the job himself and the skills he'd learned back in the day had all come in handy after he'd dropped out of high school.

Even with her piece of crap car, Trinity had only paid the Maybank car shed a visit once in the past. Back then she'd been greeted by Luke, but because it was JJ who'd actually ended up replacing the carburetor to her car, he'd cut her a deal on the down low.

She was tempted to play her luck again by taking her car to JJ that afternoon. It had been a few days since they'd kissed and though a part of her knew he'd moved on from the incident, she still wasn't exactly ready to face him again. Not after the last thing she'd done was throw a packet of cheese at him before storming off.

The truth was she was hurt more than embarrassed. Her kiss with JJ had felt special. He'd made it feel special and then for him to completely discard everything by telling her the things he told her that day? It hurt.

But that didn't mean she couldn't get over it.

The pep talk she gave herself during the car ride down to JJ's shed seemed pointless at first when she stepped out and was greeted by someone who wasn't JJ. She didn't know wether to feel disappointed or relieved when a man she'd never seen before approached her as she climbed out of her car– disappointed because she'd been ready to face JJ, but relieved because she was a sweaty mess and looked like a wreck by the time she arrived at the shed.