Chapter 20

Ripper

After making love to Elaine for most of the night, we laid in her bed snuggled up naked. I held her in my arms and looks down to see she was fast asleep. I knew I had to go home and face Louise.

So I slip out of bed slowly and dressed up and went back out the window. As I got on my bike I saw Frank come out of his house "Ripper? What going on?" He asked me. "Oh I was just having a bike issue so I had to pull over" I lied. "Your bike issues somehow lead to my guest bedroom?" He raised an eyebrow.

I was relented speechless, as we stared at each other for a pregnant minute. "I know everything you and Elaine have done. I choose to not interfere in between your affairs, but I know you hard hurting a lot of people from doing this, son" he said. I nodded "I'm trying to make it right. Just look after Elaine for me. I have to go home and talk more stuff out with my wife" I said as I on my bike.

He nodded and waves me off as I revved away from his house into the night. As I pulled up towards my home, I notice only one light is on and that's in the dining areas. I open the door and walk straight there. I find Louise sitting and drinking wine looking through some photos.

She looks up at me as I walk over and took a seat in front of her. We sat there for a while staring at each other of what to say. "I know I don't have the right but I'm sorry Louise" I said looking at the table. She sniffs and and takes a big swing of her glass of wine "I knew this was coming Ripper, we been drifting for a while. I- I just didn't expect you to cheat on me" she cry softly.

I felt ashamed, Louise done so much for me in these past 12 years and I didn't deserve her. "If you wanna leave me then I'll let you go. I don't deserve you." I said. "Do you love her?" She whispers. I wasn't going to lie anymore "yes I do love her a lot" I said with confidence. She was in shock but she recovered fast "I know. She loves you too Ripper I saw that when I spoke to her earlier" I nod.

"I know you looked through Acer computer to find her." I said

She laughs "yes, yes I did. I recognized the back around on the video"

"I'm sorry you saw that. I didn't want you both to find out this way. I wanted to come clean today actually. I-I'm sorry" I said shamefully.

"I know you regret hurting me and Elaine." She said and she takes my hand. "Some how I forgive you Ripper" she whispers. I was in shock and was speechless, why? I wondered

"I forgive you because I've loved you since the beginning. Because we have a daughter together, and all the years I spent as you wife and old lady was the best of my life." She said with a sad smile. All I can do is nod.

"Thank you Louise" I said softly.

We talked about other things and we decide to go to sleep few hours into the morning. I slept in the guest room to give her space. And the minute my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.