6.Someone's very happy today

Meera's face gleamed on seeing the new message on her phone.

A- Hi, Miss daydreamer.

M- Hey, Mr.Rude.

A- It's sad that Daadu got discharged so quickly.

M- Why? Isn't it good that he recovered?

A- Yes.. but I won't be able to see his pretty doctor everyday.

M- Mr.Arjun Desai... Did You just flirt with me?

A- What do you think?

M- I think you are trying to flirt.

A- Then I am.

Meera's face turned red like a tomato, on his comment.

A- Ok, now you can stop blushing.

M- How did you know that I was blushing?

A- Just one of those things..

M- Good night, Arjun.

A- Good night,  Meera. Sleep tight.

They drifted off to sleep , smiling.

The next day,

Meera took a shower and went downstairs to have her breakfast.

"Meera,Papa and I have been thinking about something.",said Meera's mother.

"About what,Ma?"

"You are already 27. Now that you have completed your studies, we were thinking about getting you married.",spoke Ma.

Meera didn't know what to reply. She looked at her Dad who was waiting for her reply.She has always been a Daddy's girl.Being the only child, She knew they had some extra concern towards her.But was she ready to get married?

"Papa,I don't know what to say. I need some time."

"Princess,I understand that you are unsure and need time but there is no harm in meeting the boy",said Dad.

"Remember Randeep Gupta? His son saw you at Priya's sangeet ceremony and they called Papa yesterday putting forward a proposal," Meera tried to cut her off saying,"But Maa how can I.."

Ma stopped her saying,"Before you say something,The boy is well settled with a great job.His father and Papa are also good friends.You will have no troubles in that house. Just go and meet him once".

Papa sensed Meera's doubtfulness and said," It doesn't matter if Randeep and I are good friends.The only thing that matters is my daughter's happiness.If you find him good enough,We will think about it.So just to respect their proposal,go and meet him once."

"Ok Papa,I will meet him",said Meera and left for the hospital.

Meera entered the lift and thought of Arjun, their first meeting and smiled.

"Someone's very happy today",said Cristina.

"No,I was just looking at the patient's reports", said Meera hiding her smile.

"Show the reports",taking the reports from Meera's hand.
"This guy has pneumonia and you are looking at these reports and smiling so much?",mocked Cristina.

"I know the reason behind the smile. Leaving me in the parking lot yesterday,Smiling in the elevator,Something's fishy."

"Nothing's fishy okay?",Meera tried to defend herself.

They completed the rounds and met at the cafeteria for lunch.

Sidharth came and sat along with them.

"Hey,Meera.How was your day?"asked Sid.

"Hi Sid. It was great",Meera replied.

"Mine was hectic. Doraemon gave me too much work today.I showed him the list of donor liver and kidneys arranged properly.And He replied,'Wow, the list is so Organ-ised'."said Cristina imitating Dr. Daksh Mehra aka Doraemon. They all bursted into laughter.

Dr. Daksh Mehra is the senior General Surgeon at the hospital.He usually tries to lighten the mood of his coworkers and patients by cracking some jokes(mostly PJs).

They all left for their respective departments after lunch.

Suddenly,Meera's phone rang . It was Arjun's call.

An automatic smile crept into Meera's face while she picked up the call.

"Hi Arjun"

"Hi Meera, Are you free tonight?"

"Yeah My shift ends at 6 . Why?"

"I was hoping to have dinner with you today"

"OK cool"

"OK I will pick you up from hospital at 6. See you soon",Said Arjun and hung up.

Hope you guys liked this update. Please comment down below your views on the story.

Vote and support me. It feels great to hear from my readers.Stay tuned.

XOXO,Lots of love