15. Proud of you!!

She got off the car and walked past the gate find her mother looking very anxious and fidgeting her phone in her hands.

"Where were you all this while??", Shobha almost shouted.

"I had an emergency at the hospital. I couldn't leave at 6", Meera tried to calm her down.

"Stop lying for god's sake! I know you are cooking up stories just to avoid meeting Bua", Maa replied furiously.

"That's not true , Maa. There was an emergency and no senior doctors were available ,I had to stay.", Meera replied.

"What's with all this shouting here? Bua will hear everything!!",Mukesh gestured Shobha to go inside and turned towards Meera.

"Is this any time to come home? Do you have any idea how worried we were? Roaming around all night!", Mukesh shouted at her.

"Sorry Paapa.. I trie-d to caa..ll youu", Meera spoke with tears brimming in her eyes.Her father has never used this tone to speak with her ever.

She quickly ran upstairs without even facing Bua.

"Shobha, you should keep your daughter in control ! Girls should not be allowed to roam around like this at night.", Maya scolded Shobha.

"She usually doesn't do all this. It might have been a busy day at the hospital, that's why", Shobha tried to reason.

"Mukesh Bhai, this cannot continue further. We should get her married quickly. Then only she will learn about all these responsibilities properly", Maya said sternly. "You remember that boy, Rakesh, Preeti's brother-in-law. I heard that he has landed a good job here in Mumbai itself at some electronic company called Java. I will call them today itself and fix a meeting".

"Maya, She is rejecting every proposal we bring up. I don't know what to do. Java is a well-paying company and the boy seemed quite well-mannered. Let's meet them once then.", Mukesh said.

"Ok then, I will inform them.", Maya replied with a smile.

"But Mukesh, we should ask her once...", Shobha asked but Mukesh cut her off saying," No more asking,Shobha. This irresponsible behaviour has to stop!!".

Meera cried herself to sleep that night. Her parents have never behaved like this to her.Being their only child, she was always pampered by her parents. She wanted to tell them all about her first solo surgery, the first step towards her dream of becoming a successful surgeon.This was supposed to be a day of celebration but it turned out otherwise.

The next day, Meera left for the hospital without speaking a word to her parents.Mukesh was busy talking to Rakesh's father about their kid's future. Shobha could sense the tension in the house and she prayed for peace and happiness of her house.

Meera entered the locker room to change into her scrubs.

"Cristinaa, What is wrong with you?", Meera asked.

"What is wrong with me? I am all fine and happy", Cristina replied

"You are always on Dorae... I mean Dr.Mehra's service. You used to complain that he gives hectic work and now you are fighting with the others for assistance", Meera said.

"Yeahh, I mean.. I enjoy working with him.He has a lot of interesting... cases", Cristina replied with a weird smile and a blush.

"Ohh Really? That smile suggests that something's going on.", Meera teased.

"OK finee. I am sort of dating him.", Cristina replied.

"Waaaattttttt???? You are dating Dr.Mehra!! He is a Senior doctor, Cristina. Our boss , to be precise", Meera said making an O with her lips.

"Yeahh I knoww.. He is soo sweet and he has achieved all this in a really short span of his career. He is brilliant and we like each other. Andd dating our boss?? Says the person whose boyfriend owns the whole hospital.", Cristina replied giving out a laugh.

"Finee. I am happy for you. You guys will make a good match", Meera hugged her.

"Speaking of good matches, Turn around and see who is coming here", Cristina spoke with a mocking smile.

Meera turned around to see Arjun walking towards them.

"Arjun!! Are you okay?? Is Daadu fine? Did you get hurt or something?" , Meera asked with concern.

"Relax, Dr. Nobody is hurt. I came to meet you!", Arjun replied by holding Meera's hands.

"Okk, I am leaving so that this "good match" can have some privacy time all by themselves. Arjun, Don't forget that this is a doctor's locker room!", Cristina teased and walked away.

"I will tryyy to keep that in mind", Arjun said with a smirk looking at Meera who glared at him.

He wrapped his hands around Meera's waist and said," I couldn't wait to congratulate my lady on her first solo surgery".

"How did you know?? I was supposed to tell you today", Meera replied in surprise.

"Dr. Mathur called Daadu yesterday and he was in full praise for you. He said that he finds you the most efficient in the entire batch", Arjun said while tucking a strand of hair behind her ears.

"OMG!! He said that!! You have noo idea what a big deal this is!", Meera's eyes were sparkling with happiness.

"Yess, I am proud of you", Arjun replied and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

He looked into her eyes with a smirk and started kissing her gently. Slowly the kiss turned into a passionate one. His hands were gently rubbing her back while she ran her hands through his soft hair. All of a sudden, they heard a knock on the door.

Hope you guys are enjoying this story as much I enjoy writing this. Comment your views on how I should proceed with the story. Also, don't forget to vote and support me! Stay tuned for moree interesting chapters!

XOXO,Lots of love..