8. Arjun not Arjit.

Arjun's pov

Meera mumbled a goodbye and ran inside.

I was driving back home.

"Was that hug too much? How can I be so stupid?After all these arrangements and the gift , I couldn't tell her how I really feel about her.Instead made her a "friend", should have bought a Rakhi and made her your sister"I thought.

I was frustrated.Is it really this hard ? But my mind becomes completely blank when I see her.My heart pounds faster when I hear her laugh.

Wait, Is this LOVE? Am I in love?
Was Daadu right?
God.. this is getting crazy...

Days passed. Arjun has taken up the job of dropping Meera home and sometimes even picking her up.They became even more close friends.

Arjun arrived at the hospital in the morning for a meeting.He walked over to the reception and asked," Where can I find Dr. Meera Verma?".

"Sorry Sir, Dr. Verma hasn't arrived yet.Do you need anything else?"

He nodded and went inside for the meeting.

Meanwhile at Meera's house,

"Maa, At what time is the interview?",asked Meera.

"Interview? It's not an interview, Meera. You are just meeting a suitable boy for marriage".

"Aahh who cares about these stuff anyway",said Meera making a face.

"Who cares? We do care,Meera. Your Parents.Now no more talking,Go and get ready.They will be here soon".

Meera's Pov

I wore a traditional salwar suit for the occasion. Hope this thing gets over soon.

I can't marry him,whoever he is.

I don't know why my mind was drifting towards Arjun.

He has already friend-zoned me.

"Stop thinking about him,Meera. He sees you as a friend", I told myself.

"Princess, they have arrived.Come downstairs",Papa called.

I entered the living room to find two people of my parents age and a young guy.

He was wearing a dark blue shirt and khakhi pants.He smiled on seeing me.He was also a doctor,working in Delhi and well settled.

They spoke some general things with my parents and then said,"Meera, why don't you show Arjit your room?"

"My ROOM?? Are you serious??",I thought.

I showed him my room and he suddenly sat on the bed, gesturing me to sit down next to him.

"So Meera, what are your thoughts on marriage?",asked Arjit.

"Actually Arjun.. I mean Arjit,I can't marry you.I am sorry.", I said.

"Are you kidding me?? Do you have someone else in mind?",He spoke furiously.

"I don't know. But it is something like that I guess",I spoke softly.

"You should have informed that earlier.Total waste of my time.",he walked out furiously.

He left with his parents soon. My parents looked at me asking for a response.

"Papa,I have to leave for the hospital.It's getting late",I walked away giving an excuse.

"What is wrong with this girl?Itna accha rishta tha pata nahi kya gadbadh hogayi",I heard my Mother downstairs.

"Relax Shobha,She might not have liked him.We should respect her wishes",Papa tried to calm her down.

"Mukesh, You always take her side. Sar pe bitakar rakha hai",Ma shouted.

[Shobha is Meera's mother and Mukesh is Meera's Father]

I went downstairs and Papa gave me a I-will-handle-her look.

I knew it.He is my saviour.

Author's POV

Meera walked into the hospital to find Cristina and Sid waiting for her.

"Why are you always late ,Meera?",complained Cristina.

Sid chuckled.

"A guy came home to see me today",Meera spoke without showing any interest.

"See you?",asked Sid.Suddenly, Cristina made a face and said"OOHHH, for marriage!!!",and nudged Meera with her elbow.

"Stop it Cris,it's nothing",Said Meera.

Sid's smile faded away.He looked depressed.

Suddenly the door of the meeting room opened and the board members came outside.

Meera saw Arjun coming outside talking to Dr. Mathur.

A automatic smile crept onto her face and she waved at Arjun.

Arjun smiled and waved back.

"Good Morning Meera,Why are you late today?",asked Dr.Mathur.

Before Meera could say something, Cristina spoke loudly,"Sir, Meera is getting married soon.She was busy with the preparations."

Meera looked at Cristina furiously.Her eyes were shooting daggers at Cristina.

"Oh,Congratulations Meera. Don't forget to invite me",said Dr.Mathur.

Arjun looked at Meera giving a fake smile and said",Congratulations ,Dr.Verma" and walked away.

Meera wondered why he behaved so weirdly. She wanted to run behind him and explain but would be inappropriate infront of her seniors.

So Arjun thinks Meera is getting married?Comment down below about your views on this plot. Vote and support me.

XOXO,Lots of love.