29.Silence..

"Ma'am, Why are you here?", He asked with surprise.

"OMG!!,You are the same guy!", Meera gulped down some water.

Rakesh looked at her puzzled not knowing how to react.
"So you are Rakesh Singhania, right?", Meera asked.

"Yes, Ma'am. I came here to meet a girl whom my parents have selected for me, in fact "forced to meet the girl". I hope she doesn't show up at all!! " ,Rakesh said with frustration.

"So you are not interested in this marriage?", Meera asked with a beaming face.

"OFCOURSE NOT! I am actually seeing someone in my office. Her name is Kriti, you know Arjun Sir's secretary. My parents are not agreeing for this relationship and they just fixed the marriage with some girl here. They even lied to the girl's parents saying that I saw the pics and agreed.But I love Kriti."

Meera was dancing on the inside on hearing this.

"Kriti is a great girl,Rakesh. You are indeed lucky.", Meera spoke with a laugh.

Rakesh wondered why his boss's girlfriend was behaving weirdly with him,"I know, Ma'am, I just hope this girl understands".

"Well, you will have no problem then since I am the girl", Meera said laughing.

Rakesh choked on the coffee he was drinking on hearing that.
"You are the girl?????? Meera Verma??", He was flabbergasted.

Meera nodded her head excitedly.
They cracked up together sensing the awkward situation.

"Omg, I must say that my parents are some real genius type. They tried to arrange my marriage with the girl whom my boss is dating and I am in love with his secretary. What a great scenario to get married!", Rakesh said with a laugh.

They finished their coffee and set off to their homes fully relieved.

Meera got out of the cafe to find Arjun's car right outside.

"They searched the whole of Mumbai and then went to Delhi to fix your marriage with my HR manager ? ", Arjun asked with surprise.

Meera giggled," He and Kriti does make a good match".

He dropped her off at her house.
Meera was twiddling her fingers.He placed his hand over hers and interwined their fingers.
"It's going to be fine", his calm words soothed her.

"I hope so. I am telling them anyway.Bye, I will call you later", Meera got off the car and went inside.

She saw her mother sitting near the television, cutting some vegetables.Her father was seated at the dining table writing and calculating something.

"How was it? Did you like him?? Was he handsome?", Her mother started bombarding her with questions.

Meera held her mother by her shoulders and made her sit down on the couch.
"Paapa, I have something to tell you guys", She gestured her Dad to have a seat.

"I can't marry him, Paapa. I love somebody else. We have been in a relationship for some time now", Meera blurted out in nervousness.

Mukesh squirmed in his seat on hearing this. He looked at Shobha trying to analyse her feelings and then looked back at Meera.

Nobody spoke anything for a while,just blanking looking at her each other.

"Please say something, Maa", Meera tried to break the silence.

Shobha raised her eyebrows , suppressing her anger, she finally asked," So, who is this boy?"

Meera sighed ," His name is Arjun... He is an engineer, also a businessman. He has a company, Java...", before she could complete, next question was aimed at her.

"Java? That's where Rakesh works,right??", Shobha asked.

"Yes Maa.. He is kinda like Rakesh's boss", she said.

Shobha looked at Mukesh, expecting him to speak something but still no reply.

He stood up and walked towards his room and faintly said," Bring him here tomorrow, let me meet him".

Meera was utterly confused.She expected her parents to scream and yell at her but they were barely speaking anything.

"You heard him. Bring him tomorrow.", Shobha spoke and followed her father to the room.

Meera looked at them helplessly.It would have been better if they reacted in some way rather than giving this silent treatment.

Ever got this silent treatment from your parents?

Don't forget to give me your precious votes and comment on this.

Stay tuned.

XOXO,Lots of love..