12. Workaholic

AUTHOR'S POV

Arjun left for his office early in the morning as there was meeting regarding the launch of their new smartphone.He was greeted by his secretary, Kriti and few of his other subordinates when he stepped out of his car.

"Good morning, Sir.These are the meetings scheduled for today", Kriti spoke as she handed over the tablet showing the schedule to Arjun.

"Good morning,Kriti.Schedule Mr.Pandey's meeting with me by 7. ", Arjun greeted back with a broad smile on his face.

"Hi,Keshav. This shirt looks really good on you",He told Keshav,his HR head and took a sip of his thick and creamy Starbucks coffee as he walked into the meeting room.

He heard some murmuring behind him and asked ,"Shall we start?", in a warm and lively way.

All of them looked at Arjun with surprise because their boss was acting weird . They started with the meeting and discussed several designs for the model.

Arjun smiled giving his approval for the designs and looked at his phone to find Meera's message-"Shift ends at 7 today ".

He replied back immediately,"Great!!,Dinner at 7?".

Meera replied with a smiling emoji.He quickly typed,"Can't wait!", and looked up to see the others looking at him puzzled.Then he realized that he was texting during an important meeting.

"Divya, give me details on the sales", He replied quickly to hide his embarrassment.

They continued with the work and fixed the launch date to be next month.

Arjun went back into his cabin.

He heard a knock and said," Come in"

Kriti entered with a tablet in hand and said,"Sir, I have scheduled your meeting with Mr. Pandey at 7 as you have told".

"Is it possible to push the meeting further? At 9 maybe?", Arjun asked.

"I will contact Mr. Pandey right away. But Sir, your schedule is free from 6 to 8 then why.." , Arjun cut her off saying," Thank you,Kriti. Inform Mr.Pandey also. You may leave".

"Sir,Are you ok-ayy..?", Kriti asked with a stutter.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Sir,You seem quite happy today",Kriti said.

"Isn't that a good thing?",Arjun asked smiling.

"Yes Sir, absolutely", Kriti replied with a confused smile and left.

Arjun drifted back to work while Tina returned to her cabin to call Mr.Pandey.

At the cafeteria during lunch time,

"Something's weird about Arjun Sir", said Divya," He was smiling throughout the whole meeting"

"That's fine actually,He might have thought of some joke while sitting there . But today in the morning,He complimented me on my shirt", Keshav spoke with excitement.

"He asked me to push his 7pm meeting to 9 pm when his 7pm slot was completely free. That is soo not like him, He neverrr postpones work.I mean he is a full-on workaholic", Kriti spoke with a puzzled expression.

"Something's definitely going on!!", Divya said and they all laughed.

"What do you think? Is he dating someone??", Keshav asked.

"I don't think so.. He seems too straightforward that he would jump right into the mandap and get married.", Divya said, laughing.

"Maybe that Gita Ma'am, who partnered with us for that campaign.. You remember??", Keshav suggested.

"Yeah maybe.. She was sweet. Maybe he got married already, who knows?," Divya said.

"Yeah, early days of marriage... complete bliss. Later on, he might just load us with more work I guess..",

This is the first time Arjun's workplace is shown of a change. Always, it's Meera's hospital.Hope you guys liked it.

Comment and let me your views on this story. Don't forget to vote and support me.

XOXO,Lots of love.