7.Gift from a 'Friend'

Meera was thinking about her conversation with Arjun today when Sidharth called her behind.

"Meera, You wanna come for a movie tonight?"

"Actually Sid, I have some plans tonight"

"Relax Meera , there will be others also. I was just trying to restore our old friendship.You don't have to make up excuses to avoid me",said Sid.

"I am not making up any excuses.I do have plans for tonight.You guys go and enjoy.I really appreciate you trying to keep it normal. Maybe sometime later.", said Meera and walked away.

In the evening at 6,

Meera came out of the hospital to see Arjun leaning onto his car and looking into his phone.

He was wearing a dark blue formal shirt that enhanced his perfect body.His muscular arms fitted perfectly in the shirt.He was looking hot.

He saw Meera walking towards him and opened the door for her.

"So where are we going?", asked Meera.

"You will know when we get there.",said Arjun with a wink.

Meera gave him a puzzled look.

He chuckled replying"Relax doctor, I won't kidnap you."

"I just didn't want to take you to that cafe next to your hospital again.. We have already been there 12 times in a row. Different venue.. different food this time. I am all in for trying different things.."

"Different things? Such a picky eater you are...", Meera said, laughing.

They stopped by at a beautiful beach side restaurant.

"Woww, This looks reallyy beautiful", said Meera with excitement

Arjun smiled on seeing her enthusiasm.

"Glad you liked it",he said with a broad smile on his face.

They enjoyed their delicious dinner facing the beach and went for a stroll on the beach.

"So Meera, Are you a beach person or a mountain person?"

"Mountain person .But this beach looks wonderful",replied Meera.

"I never asked you this.What do you do,Arjun?"asked Meera.

"as in for a living?",asked Arjun.

"Yeah"

"I am an engineer or a businessman or an entrepreneur",Arjun was speaking when Meera's phone rang.

Meera's pov

"Hi Cristina" I answered the phone.

"Where are you idiot? I have been waiting at the theatre for 30 mins"Cristina spoke somewhat shouting.

"Sorry, I forgot to inform you.I am having dinner with a friend".

Arjun was looking at me and grinning.

Friend?Is he only a friend or more than that? I smiled at him.

"Cris,I will talk to you tomorrow. You guys enjoy", I said this and hung up.

"So you were saying", I said asking Arjun to continue.

He smiled and replied," I actually make phones and other electronic devices. In fact, your phone was made by my company".

I looked at him unbelievingly and then at my phone.

That was my new phone gifted by my Dad on Diwali. Made by a renowned electronics manufacturing company called JAVA.

"Meera,I didn't mean to startle you. All the girls that I come across throw themselves upon me because of my money.You were different.You befriended without caring about my bank balance.Thank you."Arjun spoke.

He took a gift box from his pocket and gave it to me.

I opened it to find a sparkling beautiful pair of earrings inside.

"Arjun, these are really pretty but I can't accept.." He cut me off saying,"Don't say that.Consider it as a gift from a beloved friend.Please don't refuse it,I insist".

I couldn't refuse him anymore.

We walked along the beach like that for a while... talking. We never ran out of topics to talk to each other.

As I got down from the car, he got down as well . I extended my hands for a handshake while he turned it into a cozy hug. We stood like that for some time and then broke off.

I mumbled a goodbye and ran inside smiling.

Friends? Let's see how these friendship turns out in the next update .

Comment and let me know your views on this chapter.

XOXO, Lots of love