31. Ring?

Arjun left saying goodbye.Meera went inside and hugged her mother tightly.
"He is a good guy.You chose wisely", Shobha said hugging her back.

Mukesh saw the mother-daughter duo and smiled peacefully.
"Meera, I know we were against about you being in a relationship and all. It is because we had our fears and we care about you so much.He is a gentleman but are you sure he is the one for you??"

Meera looked at her Dad with disbelief.
"Yes ,Paapa. I am the happiest when I am with him".

Mukesh smiled seeing his daughter's glowing face.

The next day,

"How did it go??", Cristina asked with a dubious face.

Meera faked a sad expression looking at her.
"It's okay. They will come around", Cristina said sidehugging her.

Meera laughed hysterically seeing her friend's concerned face.
"Wtf.. I thought.. Forget it! Don't talk to me again", Cristina said faking her anger.

"I am sorryyyyy. Who will talk to me if you are not there?", Meera held her hand.

She felt her hand brush against something.She looked down to find a diamond ring in Cristina's ring finger.

"OMG!!OMG!! WHAT IS THATT?????", Meera squealed in happiness.

"It's a ring. Did you leave your eyes at home?", Cristina said ignoring her.

"I am reallyyy sorryy. Maaf kar de meri maa", Meera said hugging her.

" Such a dramaqueen you are! I was really worried about you and you decide to mock me instead. I wanted to scream from rooftops and celebrate but I thought this will hurt you...",

Meera shut her up with her fingers.
"Listen to me now! It went well. My parents liked him and we had a great time yesterday. I am finally out of all this mess. I don't have to hide anything anymore!!
Now tell me this story!!!", Meera said pointing towards her finger.

".....then in front of the whole club, he went down on his knees and proposed!! And he said all these wonderful things about me.Now tell me who can say No to such an amazinggg person!!", Cristina narrated the whole story.

"I can't believe you are engaged to Daksh. Get ready to have a lifetime filled with PJs"

"Stop it haa.. you are talking about my FIANCE!!", Cristina said flashing her ring.

They laughed and Meera gave her a bear hug.

"I am sooooo happyyy for you!! My best friend is getting married!!! Yayyyy!!!", Meera exclaimed with happiness but suddenly stopped seeing him.

She got up to leave from there. He held her hand and pulled her towards him.

"You cannot run away from me. We need to talk !!"

Who do you think it is??
Stay tuned for more updates.
Don't forget to drop your precious comments and votes..❤

I know this chapter was not that great. I will try to make it better next time👍🏻

XOXO,Lots of lovee.