9. Escape...

Meera saw Arjun walk away and thought of catching up with him and tell the truth.

Sid stopped her asking," So,Is it true?Are you really getting married?".

Cristina burst into laughter hearing this and said,"Of course Not , you moron. I just told a harmless lie so that Dr. Mathur doesn't grill her for being late".

Sid smiled and left.

"Harmless lie? Really? A lot of people heard it Cristina", Meera scolded.

"A lot of people? Only two people apart from us heard.So just chill.I know you are just worried about what Mr.Desai will think.",Said Cristina with a laugh.

ARJUN's POV

"She is getting married.Getting married?.It's her marriage! Maybe she wanted it to be a surprise.Well,I should be happy for her."

"I should not let my feelings get in the way of her future.It's better to maintain a distance.",Arjun's eyes started tearing up.

"How can I face her again like this?? Shit..
Daadu was right... I am actually in love with her.
How can I just see her with another guy."

I drove off quickly and picked my phone to call Kriti, my assistant.

"Kriti, Inform the team that I will be attending the project meeting at New York tomorrow.Get me a ticket to New York ASAP",I informed Kriti.

"Work,I was distracted for a while I guess.Now I need a a break from all this".

Meera's POV

"Where has this Arjun disappeared all of a sudden?I have been calling him for the past 3 days. No answer at all.I should contact his office."

I picked up the phone and dialed Kriti's number.

"Kriti, Can you please ask Arjun to call me soon?",I asked her.

"Sorry Ma'am.He is in New York for an important project .I will let him know when he is free".She replied.

"New York??For how many days?",I asked shockingly.

"I don't know Ma'am." She replied. and I hung up.

"When will he return? 3 Days without seeing him has felt like 3 years.Come back Soon,Arjun.", I thought.

I went home and found my parents sitting in the living room discussing something.

"Meera , we need to talk to you about something serious",Papa spoke.

"Not now,Papa. please, I am tired",I gave an excuse and went upstairs to sleep.

I couldn't sleep .After much tossing and turning, still his face was appearing in front of me.

AUTHOR'S POV

After a week,

Meera was walking through the hallways of the hospital when she saw Arjun walking in with Dr. Mehra and Cristina. She walked towards them and Arjun gave her a fake smile and said,"Good morning,Dr.Verma.It's been a while".

Meera didn't say anything.She looked at him and nodded.

Cristina sensed the awkwardness and walked away with Dr. Mehra leaving the two alone.

"How are you,Meera?"asked Arjun.

"I am good.How was NYC".

"It was great.We got the project.Wait,How did you know that I was in NYC?",asked Arjun.

"I called Kriti once. You were not picking up my calls or answering any messages".

"I was really busy", Arjun lied. Meera was about to say something when a receptionist called Arjun from behind.He turned and walked over to the reception desk and they started talking.

She was laughing hard at something he said and he was holding her hand.

Meera was irked.She felt a tinge of jealousy inside her.She walked away from here.

She took the day off and decided to go home.

Arjun saw Meera walking over to the parking lot. She picked up her phone to book a cab.

Arjun suddenly came and snatched it from her

"WTF,Arjun! . Give it back to me!",Meera nearly shouted.

"Relax,I will drop you home.You were avoiding me all day",Arjun spoke calmly.

"Avoiding you? I called you several times and left you with hundreds of messages but still no reply! And now show up after 10 freaking days and pretend like everything's normal!",Meera lashed out at him.

"Woww!!! ",Arjun said while clapping sarcastically."If I remember correctly,You were the one who was planning on getting married secretly".

"Getting married?Oohh so all this was about that ,huh?Well,Why do you care anyway?You are just a friend , right?" spoke Meera.

Next update will be a continuation of this one. Meera and Arjun are giving a hard time to each other.Stay tuned to see how this proceeds.. Vote and comment down your suggestions.

XOXO,Lots of love.