30.Meeting him

She finally told her parents... the biggest task is over. They barely spoke anything.It was eating her up from inside.
She called up Arjun and asked him to come by the next day to meet her parents.

The next day,
She was marching across the living room, anxiously waiting for Arjun. Her parents viewed her antics with amusement but pretended to put on a serious face.
She sat down on the sofa, gulped down some water down her throat.She heard the sound of an approaching car and suddenly rushed to the gate and opened it.

"You are LATE!!!"

"I thought you said 7:00?" ,Arjun said glancing at his watch.

"I don't know!! They are waiting inside.", Meera spoke dragging Arjun's hand to go inside. He couldn't help smiling seeing her nervousness.

Her father gave him a slight smile on seeing him and asked him to have a seat.He sat opposite to him in the couch.
Mukesh eyed him from head to toe without saying anything.
Arjun could sense his eyes on him and smiled awkwardly. He could see that Mukesh was thinking something very deeply looking at him.

"So..", Meera tried to break the silence.
Shobha came in with tea and some snacks and greeted him a warm smile.

"Arjun Desai,right?", Mukesh finally spoke.
"Yes,Sir", Arjun replied.

"What do you do for a living?", he shot his next question.

"I have an electronics company which I started 7 years back.", Arjun spoke calmly.

"What about your parents?", Mukesh asked.
Arjun didnot reply for a moment. It was a question he kept asking himself from his childhood.
Meera sensed his distress and tried to change the topic,"I think we should have dinner".

Arjun sighed and looked at her parents,"My parents are divorced.I have been living with my grandparents from childhood.Daadi passed away 5 years back , now Daadu is all I have. He wanted to accompany me today but he has some health issues due to which he cannot travel much."

Mukesh walked over to the garden area to attend some urgent call.
Shobha kept him company narrating some funny incidents about Meera. They talked and laughed for a while.It was a moment of relief for Meera seeing them bond, although it was over her stupid tales.
They had a great dinner and Arjun wholeheartedly praised Shobha for her cooking skills.

Meera admired the way Arjun gelled up perfectly with her family.

Mukesh too was enjoying his company but made sure his face revealed nothing.
Disco also befriended Arjun easily.
"Thanks Aunty, I had fun today."
Shobha gave him a warm and delighful smile.
"Goodnight, Sir", Arjun wished.
Mukesh nodded his head and went inside.
"I will walk him to the car and come inside", Meera said and followed Arjun.

"You have such a cute family!!", Arjun exclaimed.
Meera giggled on seeing his excitement.
" OMG!! Paapa was like an interviewer.It is clear from Maa's face that she is impressed.Disco never befriends anyone so quickly. I wonder how you..",

"My charm is irresistible, darling", Arjun said with a smirk.
Meera gave him a serious look.
"Paapa still seems a bit uncomfortable with all this"

"He will come around too.Just relaxx..", Arjun said leaning over to give her a kiss.
Meera pushed him back with force.

"Mummy Paapa andar hai! Not the time for romance.Now go home and Sleep!", Meera said sternly gesturing him to get inside the car.

"Same to you! Have a great sleep so that I can entice you in your dreams", Arjun gave a wink and got inside the car.

SILENT READERS ALERT
Vote for the story guys!! Just a click.
Plss do comment also, it takes less than a minute to comment something.
So KINDLY DROP YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS BELOW❤
vote&comment!

Is this story becoming boring?????