Chapter 9

It had been a two weeks since that night Taehyung had found out about the illegal street races. Two weeks in which the blonde boy had lost a lot of friends, but also gained some even better ones. The young student had spent almost every lunchbreak with either Jimin, who had always been there for him or the Bangtan crew, his new group of friends.

A smile made it's way upon the pretty blonde boy's face once he thought about Jungkook and his friends, the boy's had all been very accepting towards Taehyung from the beginning and by now he considered them all as great friends. They had been there for him when all his friends had let him down, and for that the young student would be forever thankfull.

Currently Taehyung was sitting in class next to Lucas. The blue haired boy he had once considered his best friend hadn't spoken a word to the young student ever since Taehyung and Kai had broken up. The smile on the blonde boy's face slowly turned into a sad one. Two weeks ago Taehyung had trusted Lucas with his life, yet now the two didn't even talk to each other anymore. It was truly sad how their friendship had quickly become nothing more but a memory.

"Okay, I want you all to answer the questions I've written down, if you don't finish them before the end of the lesson they will become your homework." Taehyung's chemistry teacher oppered in a strict tone, before quickly adjusting his glasses. The blonde boy softly sighed, he completely sucked at chemistry, and a headache already started to appear once he only looked at the questions the teacher had written down. How the hell was he supposed to know the answers to those weird formulas? He didn't even have a clue how at how to start.

Slowly the blonde haired boy started to write down the questions the teacher had written on the board in the front. As Taehyung tried to concentrate on the questions he soon felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. A curious look made it's way onto the blonde boy's face, who was texting him?

The young student quickly fished his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it. A huge smile immediately made it's way onto the boy's face once he saw who had texted him. Ever since him and Jungkook had switched phone numbers the ravenette and the blonde boy had been texting a lot. Most of the text the street racer would send Taehyung were just stupid silly things, but the young student loved receiving them as they never failed to make him laugh. The blonde boy quickly pressed Jungkook's name and a message opened on his screen.

what classroom are you in? I'll pick you up for lunch

Taehyung quickly typed a reply before putting his phone back in his pocket again, if the teacher would see him using his phone the blonde boy would be screwed. Quickly the blonde boy concentrated on the questions he had written down again, all while a big smile was present on his face. Jungkook never failed to make Taehyung feel welcome and wanted.

So, you and Jungkook huh?" Taehyung suddenly heard the familiar voice of Lucas say. The blonde boy slowly looked to his right and immediately locked eyes with his former best friend. The blue haired boy had a hesitating look on his face, as if he wasn't sure if he should be talking to Taehyung or not.

"What about us?" Taehyung said with a confused look on his face. The blonde boy slowly raised his eyebrows. Lucas hadn't talked to him in weeks, yet out of the blue he decided to start again?

"Are you guys, you know.." Lucas said, clearly not daring to go further with his question. A confused look made it's way onto the blonde's face, were they what? "Are we what?" The blonde decided to ask, not getting where the blue haired boy was going with his question at all.

"You know, dating?" Lucas said while shyly looking down. A soft blush immediately formed onto Taehyung's cheeks by the thought of dating Jungkook. Even though the whole Bangtan crew knew the both of them were faking their relationship, the rest of the school did not and it somehow gave Taehyung an feeling of embarrassment. Not because the whole school though he was dating Jungkook, the boy was handsome as hell, but the fact that it looked like Taehyung moved on so quick didn't feel right for the blonde boy. He and Kai had only broken up two weeks ago, yet rumor about him and his raven haired friend dating were already spreading through the whole school. Taehyung just didn't want to look like he was an easy catch..

"I really don't see why that's any of your business to be honest, it's not like were still friends." Taehyung decided to answer, avoiding the question smoothly. The young student decided it would be best if he wouldn't confirm or deny anything just yet. Sure, he would have to confirm the dating rumors about him and his street racing friend sooner or later, but as long as he could avoid answering the question he would.

Lucas softly sighed. "Look Taehyung, I care about you a lot and what happened between you and Kai sucks." The blue haired boy said, while a serious expression made it's way onto his face. "But please stop hanging out with Jungkook, he'll only break your heart." Lucas continued, while his serious expression slowly turned into a worried one. A warm feeling slowly spread inside the blonde boy's chest, the blue haired boy hadn't completely forgotten about him. Yet what his former best friend was asking of Taehyung was ridiculous, why would Taehyung stop hanging out with the one person who had been there for him when no one else was?

"No" the young student decided to answer. This wasn't something Lucas could start a discussion with him about, the blue haired boy had chosen to abandon him two weeks ago and Taehyung surely wasn't going to crawl back to him like a lost puppy. Hell no.

"Look I don't know what that asshole has told you, or even promised you" Lucas tried again, while he softly grasped Taehyung's arm. "But Jungkook doesn't do relationships, he fucks a new person every week and then dumps them like trash when he's done with them." Lucas said, while locking eyes with Taehyung. The blonde boy could clearly see that his former best friend was being serious, and it almost made Taehyung feel like the blue haired boy was trying to protect him. The young student quickly broke eye contact again however, where was this protective side of Lucas when he had truly needed it? Where was his best friend when Kai had cheated on him?

"Listen Taehyung, once you'll give in to his needs he'll grow bored of you and dump you like trash" Lucas tried one last time, but the blonde was having none of it. "I don't care, it's not your business" Taehyung answered, a cold tone lacing his voice. The blue haired boy had dropped him the moment he and Kai had broken up, who the hell did he think he was to tell Taehyung to stop hanging out with his new friends?

Soon the familiar sound of the school bell rang indicating it was lunch time. Taehyung quickly put his belongings in his schoolbag and quickly made his way out of the classroom he had been sitting in the past hour. Lucas however was quick to follow the blonde boy and try to get some sense in him. "Tae, just please listen..." The blue haired boy tried again but Taehyung just kept on walking.

Soon the familiar face of Jungkook came into sight once the blonde haired boy walked out of the classroom and a smile immediately made it's way onto the young student's face. Once the ravenette took notice of the blonde walking his way a small smile made it's way onto the boy's face.

Jungkook immediately put his arm around Taehyung's shoulders once the boy was close enough. The expensive smell of the ravenette's cologne immediately invaded Taehyung's nose and the boys locked eyes. "Are you ready, the other are probably already waiting for us." Jungkook said while pressing Taehyung a bit closer to himself. Slowly the blonde boy looked into the direction Lucas was standing one last time. The blue haired boy wore an defeated look on his face, and his eyes were clearly still begging Taehyung to stop this nonsense. "Yeah let's go" The blonde boy said before turning around and walking away from his former best friend.

He didn't need Lucas anymore, he had found new friends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Question of the chapter:
what is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story!❤️

Thank you all so much for reading my story!