Chapter 43

Finally it was evening and all boys were standing together in a group. The weather tonight was pretty cold and a soft wind was blowing through their hair and creating a soft blush on the boys faces. Tonight the race everyone had been waiting for would finally happen. Jungkook versus Kai.

These two had been rivals for as long as they could remember and the both of them didn't like the other at all. Jungkook thought Kai was a snob who only used people in his advantage while Kai couldn't stand the fact that he was able to beat every single racer except for Jungkook. Tonight however Kai wanted to change that fact. He would win this race, no matter what.

The fact that Taehyung was Kai's ex and Jungkook's lover made the rivalry between the boy's even worse. Kai obviously wanted nothing more than to have Taehyung for himself again while Jungkook swore to himself that he would never let the blonde haired boy go anymore. Taehyung was Jungkook's and the ravenette wasn't afraid to show that to anyone, especially Kai.

Currently the Bangtan crew was standing in a group together on the old industrial place, waiting for the race to start. Jungkook wasn't even a tiny bit nervous and once he noticed that his loved one was shivering a lot despite the thick coat he was wearing he quickly wrapped an arm around the boy's waist before pulling him against his side.

Taehyung quickly snuggled as close as possible to Jungkook while a small smile began to form onto the blonde's face. He loved the fact that Jungkook noticed these small things. The ravenette always made sure that he'd feel as comfortable as possible and for that Taehyung was super thankfull.

"Are you nervous?" The blonde boy softly asked the younger boy next to him and immediately Jungkook began to shake his head before putting his free hand in the pocket of his leather jacket. It almost looked as if he was looking for something and a relieved smile became visible on the boy's face as soon as he took his hand out of his pocket again. "If you mean for the race then no, not even the slightest bit nervous. I'll win anyway." Jungkook answered with a smirk on his face.

"Good. Show him who is the true boss of this place." Taehyung answered while sending a wink Jungkook's way. The blonde boy absolutely loved to play a bit with the younger's feeling. Jungkook liked to play with his so why shouldn't he play with Jungkook's, right?

Softly the raven haired boy began to shake his head while a soft laugh left his mouth. He opened his mouth to answer Taehyung, however the latter suddenly turned around as soon as he heard someone clear their throat behind the couple.

A sour look became visible on Jungkook's face as soon as he noticed Kai standing behind him. The older boy was wearing a jealous look on his face while looking at the couple in front of him. Immediately Taehyung began to awkwardly shift on his feet while look at his ex-boyfriend. He knew damn well Kai and Jungkook weren't friends. Whatever it was that his ex was trying to achieve out of talking to the two of them, it surely wouldn't be anything good.

Protectively Jungkook took Taehyung's hand in his own before staring at Kai with a cold look on his face. "What do you want?" The ravenette spoke in an annoyed tone while softly squeezing Taehyung's hand. The blonde boy responded by pressing himself a bit tighter to Jungkook's side while looking at his ex. Kai knew there was no chance left for the two of them, becoming jealous now would be the most embarrassing thing the older could do.

"Chill Jeon. I came here to wish you goodluck." The oldest of the three spoke while a fake smile was visible on his face. It was as clear as crystal that Kai didn't mean the words he had just spoken. He would do anything to destroy Jeon Jungkook if he had the chance to.

Kai then quickly focussed on the other boy in front of him. "Tae can I talk to you really quick?" The older boy then spoke in a much more genuine tone than before. A pleading look was visible on Kai's face and immediately a deep sigh left Taehyung's mouth before softly nodding. "You get one minute."