Chapter 1

Welcome to the first chapter!
All in-chapter art is drawn by me (unless specified otherwise).

Enough stalling!

Enjoy!

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》
2nd Person POV

Humming a cheerful tune, you skipped through the paths in your small village, carrying your groceries back home.

The day was wonderful.
A bright, warm sun, a refreshing breeze to complement the heat, the sounds of chirping birds and playing children bringing a smile to your face.

"Good afternoon, Miss Kaya!"
You wave to the familiar old woman, who returned the friendly gesture, watching you go on your way.

The village was small, and everyone knew everyone, yet it still stood peaceful and undisturbed, being most known for the great airbending temple that stood on top of the mountain.

Most of the villagers were elderly, and plenty had taken a liking to you for often offering to work for them, very aware of your family situation.

But how could they not like someone so bright and lovely? You brought a smile to almost everyone you met.

Once home, you ease the bags down, sighing in relief. They were heavy, but it was enough to ensure you wouldn't need to go shopping anytime soon.

"Ame! I'm home!"
You announce, the pitter patter of feet rushing to your side before a pair of warm arms wrap around you, your brother nuzzling his face in your haori as you brush his hair.

"Onee-chan! You're back!"
The boy nuzzled into your clothes more as you picked him up, tightly hugging him.

"Did you miss me that much? I only went shopping!"
You chuckle and set him down, curious as to why he was even more giddy than usual.

"Onee-chan! Onee-chan! Look what I can do!!"
He excitedly announces before running off to his room to get something, his footsteps echoing.

You shake your head and snicker.
Ame was your little brother. Not by blood, but you and your parents took him in and raised him as part of your family.

You never knew who his parents were, as he was simply left alone on your doorstep one cold autumn night 7 years ago. No note, no basket, nothing. Just a wrapped baby on the cold and wet ground.

Ever since that day, you've cared for him. It became more and more difficult after your parent's untimely demise, but, with some luck and support from the nuns, you pulled through and managed to care for him by yourself.

Before you could continue your thoughts, Ame ran back with a glass of water in his hands.

He put it down, and told you to watch carefully.
With a smile, you complied, kneeling down in front of him, and you watched as he moved his hands, the water in the glass moving ever-so-slightly, before jumping up and staying in a few small and messy blobs above his palms.

"Did you see that?! I'm a waterbender!"
His joy was undeniable, and absolutely pure as his big, innocent smile spread across his features.