Chapter 13

○ Chapter 13 : ○
○ "Final Selection." ○

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》
1st Person POV

I stare in disbelief at the boulder, now cut clean in half, my sword still in my hands when I woke up.

Sabito and Makomo were gone, and all I heard were Urokodaki's footsteps behind me.
He picked me up off the ground and looked at the boulder.

His attention soon turned to me, a hand reaching for me as he softly pat my head. A tinge of sadness loomed in his movements, his voice warm and proud.

"You did great. I'm proud of you."
Despite not seeing his face, I felt a smile coming from him as he held me tightly in a sudden hug.

"Deep down, I hoped you two wouldn't be able to cut your boulders and make it to Final Selection. I don't want to see more children die."

I was still in disbelief at the fact I had cut my boulder, but accepted this embrace.
"But I'm still impressed. Come on, Tanjiro is waiting for you."

He took me down and back to the house, where I saw Tanjiro patiently sitting by the door.

As if by instinct, my feet picked up the moment he caught my eye, the sound of running making him look at me as he stood up.

"Y/N!!"

"Tanjiro!!"

We both call out for each other, so excited that the other passed, laughing before we even make contact.

A bright smile was present on his face as he opened his arms for a hug, and I almost tackled him to the ground in a tight embrace, snuggling my face in his shoulder.

"We did it! We did it, Tanjiro!"
I loudly laugh, pure joy coursing through me.
I don't think I've felt this happy in a while, and seeing him just made me happier.

"Your hair's so long now!"I comment as I brush my hand through it, hearing him chuckle

I comment as I brush my hand through it, hearing him chuckle.

"Yours too. It suits you, actually."

"How's Nezuko? Is she okay?"
I ask and let go of him, his smile slightly saddening.

"She's still asleep, but I'm sure she'll be awake when we get back from Final Selection."

I nod and follow him inside, the two of us getting cleaned up, and at night, Mr. Urokodaki prepared us a large hotpot.

"There's so much food, what's the deal?"