Chapter 10

○ Chapter 10 : ○
○ "Test" ○

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》
1st Person POV

After running into Mr. Urokodaki, and getting a harsh hit from him, we covered Nezuko up in her basket and followed him.

Well... follow was an understatement. Even for an old man, he was unbelievably fast! I've been running behind him with Tanjiro for a few hours.
How is he so quiet too?! I can barely hear a damn thing besides Tanjiro's loud breathing and only our footsteps!

Even with all the stamina training I've had, I could barely keep up the old man, Tanjiro lagging behind a little.

And who the hell taught Tanjiro to breathe?! No wonder he's tired already if he's gasping so much!

At one point, he was too far behind, so I had to grab his hand and drag him with me.

My eyes are focused on the old man until I heard a sniffle and looked at Tanjiro. Was he crying already? I can't blame him honestly, I feel like screaming too.

As soon as we saw the old man stop by a house, both me and Tanjiro fell to our knees.

We barely even caught a breath as the adrenaline finally wore off, and my body shook from the muscle pains.

If I'm already this sore... I might as well quit.
But... Then again... that's what I said about airbending too.

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》

"Uwaah! Kana-Sama can we take a break? Please! My arms hurt so bad!"

She sighed, mildly frustrated, but she patted my shoulder.

"We've just started training. Do you think your mother became a master airbender by whining at basic exercises?"

I look down and pout.
"No..."

"Exactly."

She soon heard my sniffles and sighed, patting my head softly.
"You need to be patient, Y/N. Airbending can't be mastered in a day. You'll have to dedicate yourself to it and work to become better every day."

I feel her arms wrap around me, hugging me tightly, and I hug back.
"There, there. Now please, stop crying, okay? You can do this."

I wiped my tears, taking in a deep breath.
"I can do this!"
I confidently announce, seeing her smile.

"That's right. You can do it, and there's nothing stopping you."

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》

I tighten my fist, determined.
I'll handle your test, old man. I'll even ace it! Just you wait!

By my side, Tanjiro spoke up, barely getting a word out.
"D-Does this... Does this mean we... Passed... The test...?

The old man slid open the door, standing still before he removed the white head covering, he didn't even seem mildly tired!