Chapter 15

○ Chapter 15 : ○
○ "Two Swordsmen and A Demon." ○

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》
1st Person POV

I finish putting on my uniform, and it feels so strange compared to the flowing traditional robes I'm used to. But the fabric felt surprisingly durable, and I was quite flexible with it.

I put on my cloak, and I smile at Tanjiro as we go to Urokodaki in the main room.

"Are you finished changing?"

We nod, and he looks at me now.
"Are you sure that's practical to wear?"

I nod.
"It's not that hard to airbend in this, I'll be just fine, sir."

He nods, and we turn our heads as we hear shuffling, spotting Nezuko peek from under her blanket at us.

"Y/N, Tanjiro, now that you two have officially become Demon Slayer swordsmen, I would like to explain a few things."

We nod.

"First, the Demon Slayer Corp uniforms you're wearing are made with a special kind of fiber. It's lightweight, water-resitant and non-flammable. A low level demon's talons and fangs are incapable of penetrating that fabric.

"It's that strong?"
Tanjiro seems quite surprised, and I nod with him.

"Impressive, isn't it? Now, as for the nichirin swords, their color varies from owner to owner, and each hue has its own unique traits."

I swallow the lump in my throat, nervous about the mention of my blade.

"However, there aren't many demon slayers with black nichirin swords, so very little is known about them. Some believe they're a bad omen. And Y/N, I'm afraid nothing is known about the strange phenomenon you experienced."

I nod, almost relieved it's barely even known about. I get to hide this for a little longer.

"What does that mean? A bad omen? How so?"
I was curious too, and we both carefully listened.

"Black blades are rumored to only be wielded by a swordsmen who has little chance of going far."

I felt my stomach drop a little... Does... Does that mean Tanjiro could...? No, no. I'm overreacting.

His reaction was a little surprising, though.
"Oh well, I don't care if I'm destined for greatness. Because no matter what, I'll turn Nezuko back. And I won't be alone, I have Y/N with me."

We both smile at each other.

"I don't doubt that. I'm certain you two will become wonderful Demon Slayers. And one last thing;"

Urokodaki grabbed the large box by his side, setting it before us.

"A box for you to carry your sister in during the day. Made from a very light wood called Kirikumo cedar. It's been coated in rock lacquer, to reinforce the exterior and make it even more durable."

"Thanks, Urokodaki."

"And Y/N. Here is something I'm sure you're familiar with."