Chapter 16

○ Chapter 16 : ○
○ "Muzan Kibutsuji." ○

《•|•-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-•|•》
1st Person POV

My cry for help fell on deaf ears.

This time, I was out of air completely. My bending would be useless even if I tried, I was in too much of a physical hassle to survive.
I had no escape. Nobody heard me, and I was going to be eaten...

The stinging liquid fills my lungs, and I cough, just inhaling more and more.

Is this really how I die?
Am I going to drown, unable to even make a sound?
Not a cry, a whimper, nothing.

This hurts. It hurts so much.
I feel dizzy now. Everything's fading in and out.

My head is pounding, and I don't think my heart can take anymore before it bursts.

I close my eyes, feeling so light as if I barely even existed. This was... so... so bittersweet.

I'd get to see mom and dad again... But...

Was I really ready to give up?

There's nothing I can do.

There has to be something, right?

I'm going to die. I'm going to drown and become a demon's lunch.

I can't die this way.

We won't die this way.

Even with how weak I was, I grabbed my sword and aimed for the ground again. No matter how close to death's door I was, I'm not going to die so pitifully.

I'm not gonna give up just because it's hard!

Water Breathing : First Form! Water Surface Slash!

My now drenched skin feels the cold breeze of air, and as soon as my hand was out, someone grabs me up and out of that hell.

In response, my body heaved and choked as I spat out everything, the stinging remaining for a while.

"Y/N!"
Tanjiro picks me up quickly, and I notice Nezuko's big eyes stare at me, she never seemed to show much emotion, but I was thankful either way that she pulled me out.

"What happened?!"
Kazumi was terrified, looking at me as he still held the girl.

"I'm..."
I cough out again, more of that horrible ooze coming out.
"I'm okay! Don't worry!"

Quickly, I stand up and hold my sword. I would help Tanjiro any way I could. It's the least I owe him.

Nezuko could protect Kazumi and the girl, giving me and Tanjiro an advantage.

The puddle reappeared again, now forcing us apart. I almost fell in again, still shaking off my near-death state.

"Y/N, Nezuko, I'm going underground. You two stay and protect these two, ok?!"