Chapter 9

Jin gently walks back inside the Cafe, holding two plates of chocolate cake in his hands.

He places one in front of Taehyung who kindly thanks him.

The boy seems a little sad, probably because he knows Jungkook has yeeted himself out of here, that stupid boy.

Jin sighs a little as he sits down, grabbing a spoon. They sit in silence for a while before the elder breaks the ice.

"So, you're Jungkook's mate," he smiles. The small boy's eyes almost shines at that and he immediately nods.

Okay, so he doesn't hate the fact that he's mated to Jungkook. That's good at least.

"Yes, I'm Taehyung," the said male introduces himself. Jin quickly introduced himself as well, and Taehyung's eyes grow a little when he mentions that he's Jungkook's father.

"I thought-"

"I'm not his biological father," Jin interrupts. Taehyung nods and takes a bite of his cake. His eyes runs a bit over Jin's features.

He and Jungkook doesn't look much alike, and it wouldn't be possible for Jin to have a true-blood as a child.

Still, the man is outstandingly beautiful and he seems very kind too. Taehyung already feels comfortable with him.

"So, how do you feel about getting Jungkook as your mate?" Jin asks. It's a hard question to answer, considering the lack of conversation between Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Well, I'm... excited! I guess. It has been very hard to talk to him, I have been trying for a long time now..." Taehyung mumbles and rolls his spoon between his fingers for a second, "d-doesn't he want to mate me?"

Jin almost coos at how small and fragile Taehyung's voice suddenly turned. It's pretty obvious that Taehyung is very emotionally challenged by this just like Jungkook is.

It must be hard, not feeling accepted.

"Of course he wants to be your mate! He's just... he has been through a lot Taehyung, you got yourself a guy with a lot of luggage," Jin says.

"But... he won't even talk to me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong-"

"You aren't doing anything wrong. And don't misunderstand, Jungkook was a crying mess when he found out he had a mate. But not in a bad way, he was so deeply happy Taehyung."

Taehyung looks up at him with big eyes.

"But he feels like he doesn't deserve you. His entire life he has been told he's a mistake, he doesn't trust anyone and his everyday life is a nightmare. I have done everything I can to make it better for him but... his blood will forever be his enemy," Jin finishes.

Taehyung gulps and looks down at the half piece of cake he has left. He had a feeling this was one of the reason why Jungkook has been avoiding him, but what is he supposed to do then?

"W-What happened to him?" he hesitantly asks.

Jin puts his spoon down and takes a deep breath.

"I found him when I was in college, I was starting up this Cafe after some unfortunate events in my life that made it harder for me to continue studying. I remember clearly how I was walking back home, just told the principal that I wouldn't be able to finish and graduate," Jin sighs, skipping the part that he lost his mate so many years ago.

"It was raining. A lot. I was walking through back allies as I used to, not thinking it would be different from any other days. That was until I saw this small box..."

He takes a breath again. Clearly this is not a font memory.

"In it, a child was. It was like he had just been thrown there as if he was trash, soaking wet and shaking from the cold. He was brushed all over his body, very badly in his face and on his back... I will never forget the look in his eyes when I walked closer to him. It was like I wasn't even there, Jungkook was just staring ahead with such empty eyes."

"I went over to him and lifted him up. He was around 8 at the time. Already then, he was heavy so I had an idea he was an alpha at least... I don't know if it was the omega part of me that just couldn't let him stay there. He was so alone, fragile and small."

Taehyung gulps. That's like every parents worst nightmare.

"So I brought him home and took care of his wounds. It was... something I'll always remember. He couldn't tell me back then, but he told me when he got older how his dad abused him, beated him and even verbally abused him when he was still so young. Apperantly, his father hated him because his mate died while giving birth to Jungkook. Cliché I know... but the fact that he just left his child like that i-it will always be a mystery to me..."

Flashback

Jin feels his throat go cold as he runs along the wet and empty roads, hearing the water splash everytime he takes a step.

His arms are arching from holding the small, dark-haired boy against his chest who's most likely passed out.

Jin doesn't know why he didn't call anyone, got help somehow. But the look in that boy's eyes just told him that he needed to get away from people, needed silence.

Jin runs the last few meters and locks himself inside the small, dark Cafe.

He closes the door behind him and holds still for a second, hugging the boy tightly against him.

He feels how the small life is starting to stir, so he quickly goes up the stairs towards the bathroom.

How the hell does he deal with this? He just took in a child Jesus, he doesn't even have control of his own life.

Before he gets to the bedroom, Jin gently sets the boy down on the couch, seeing how he's clearly in pain.

Jin runs into the bathroom and gets some towels out on the floor. He turns on the water in the shower and fills up a tup when it gets warm enough.

He tries to catch his breath meanwhile. Who should he tell this? Holy Christ. What the fuck should he do? That's a child, a true-blood at that. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

When he has filled up the tup, he takes a breath and heads outside. He swears his heart almost leaps as he sees the couch totally empty.

"No, fuck," he mutters to himself and walks over the couch. He starts rounding the couch and his eyes widen at the sight before him.

The small boy flinches at the sight of Jin, pushing himself backwards until he's against the wall.

His eyes are swimming with fear and his arms are already hiding his face. What the hell happened to him?

Jin quickly squats down.

"Hey, it's okay... it's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you," he whispers. He gives the boy a second to open his eyes slightly, still in a defensive position though.

"Can you smell me? You can smell I'm an omega, right? You're safe," Jin continues. He gently takes a step closer.

"You can trust me with this," he adds and slowly places his hands on the boy's shoulders.

The smaller one doesn't open up, but he isn't shrinking away from Jin as much as before.

Jin gently and carefully lifts the boy up. He feels him throw his hands around his neck in shock, hiding his face in Jin's neck.

Even though Jungkook is big for his age, Jin still manages to lift the him into the bathroom.

He gently removes the boy's clothes, leaving his underwear on though.

He almost want to cry at the sight that meets him. Scars, burn marks and brushes are painting Jungkook's skin.

No one. And Jin swears, no one deserves to get treated like this.