Chapter 26

The beach isn't necessarily one of Jungkook's favorite places. He likes to go there for an afternoon stroll, but being here in the middle of the day with countless other people (humans at that) in broad daylight might be a little too much for his fragile self.

Not to mention the fact that he's going to... see Taehyung... in trunks and no shirt.

He's going to take off his own shirt too though. He could keep it on, but it's honestly so freaking hot today that all the other guys and most of the girls are walking to the beach in nothing but their swimming clothes.

Jungkook kept a shirt on, Taehyung and Jimin did too but all of them are sweating unhealthily much right now. To their luck, they reach the beach in less than 10 minutes.

The five boys sit down together, lying out their towels not far from the rest of their school. Jungkook is pleased to see that Suho and his crew is on the other end of the beach so they probably won't be bothered too much.

"It's so pretty here! Let's get in the water or I might sweat a whole ocean myself," Jimin says and drags his shirt over his head and starts running towards the water.

"You're disgusting!" Yoongi yells after him but with an amused voice.

Yoongi settles on staying by their things while lying in the shadow of a parasol. Hoseok takes off his shirt too and starts applying some sun screen on his chest.

"You want to go in?" Taehyung asks with a gentle smile and Jungkook opens his mouth but nothing comes out. His cheeks tint with embarrassment and he gulps before nodding.

Taehyung smiles on. What he does now was not something Jungkook expect to get a front row seat for this early in their relationship. He watches (a little too obviously) as Taehyung grabs the hem of his shirt and drags it over his head.

His tanned, beautiful skin gets shown and Jungkook has to physically hold himself from gaping at the sight. He knows Taehyung is beautiful but damn, his body just added a whole other level to that. He's toned, yet not to muscular but not too thin either. Just perfect.

"You might lose your jaw if you keep doing that," Yoongi states and claps under Jungkook's chin so he finally closes his mouth. The younger's face burn and he quickly looks away from a very excited Taehyung. Of course it feels good to have your mate look you up and down and get starstruck.

"Come on," he urges and starts walking down towards the water. Jungkook observes him as he walks towards Jimin and joins the overexcited omega. After a minute or two of just staring, Jungkook finally stands up. Hoseok waits for him to get done so they can walk down there together.

Jungkook doesn't think much as he grabs his shirt and pulls it off, throwing it on his towel so it won't get filled with stand. He quickly starts putting on some sunscreen, not noticing the two very extreme and surprised gazes that are eating in his body like was he a peace of meat.

Even Hoseok has to make a double-take. 

"Dude, what the fuck do you do for a living?" Yoongi questions and Jungkook turns to him with a frown. The elder points at Jungkook's very permanent abs that are filling up his stomach and those big ass breast muscles.

"Yeah, I want to know that too," Hoseok comments.

"I work in my father's dessert shop?" Jungkook says, almost questioning himself. He looks down over his body and figures out what the others are so confused about, "pure-bloods are just stronger by nature. I couldn't lose these abs even if wanted to... and I do a lot of physical work when being in a bakery-like business I guess?"

The others hum and nods, that must be the only explanation for looking like a damn model that jumped out of a magazine. 

Hoseok starts walking and Jungkook follows him. He looks at Taehyung who immediately takes in the view of his mate. Taehyung has seen Jungkook naked before, but at that time he didn't look look at him.

Damn, is he blessed or what?

"Holy shit," Jimin comments from the side as he also takes in the body of Jungkook, "that's one piece of man right there."

Taehyung growls and splashes water at the smaller who just giggles mockingly. Hoseok and Jungkook soon join them and they start playing around in the water as if they were kids again. Splashing around, ducking each other under or just chilling while talking.

Jungkook finds himself being extremely comfortable. However, Jungkook never gets to have that happiness for very long.

"Come play volleyball with us," Suho says with the most fake-ass smile on the planet. Jimin gives him the fuck-finger while Taehyung simply turns away to ignore him. 

"Oh, are you too weak for a challenge?" he asks.

"Bitch, you can't even get out of bed without your mother dragging you," Hoseok spits randomly and the others give him a look.

"Yeah, well at least my mom is out of bed and not fucking every living creature walking on the planet," Suho fires back and Jungkook starts wondering why the conversation suddenly ended being about their mothers?

"You- We will fucking demolish you," Hoseok spits and grabs Jungkook's arm who almost jumps in surprise. The elder drags Jungkook to the beach against his will and heads for the beach-volleyball fields. Suho just grins and gets one of his so called 'friends' to go with him.

They arrive and stand on either side of the net.

"W-What are you doing? I-I can't pay volleyball, I don't even know the rules!" Jungkook whisper-shouts with a pained expression, but Hoseok ignores him and holds around his shoulders as if they were having a team meeting.

"You're good at everything, don't worry. Just get the ball to the other side and don't touch it more than once, okay?"

"B-But-"

Hoseok walks away, just like that.

What the... Jungkook gulps as he looks at the other side of the net and sees Suho giving him a death-stare... guess he's still holding a grudge. Jungkook looks down immediately and stands behind Hoseok who seems a little too ready for this... game or whatever.

But Hoseok was absolutely right. They have barely gotten the ball into play before Jungkook has scored a point by jumping (higher than fucking mouth Everest) and smashing that ball so hard into the sand it jumped right back up and almost hit Suho's friend in the face.

"Dude, what the fuck? You can't attack on a serve!" the guy scolds and Jungkook frowns. He looks at Hoseok who seems flabbergasted by the raven's strength. That guy is full of surprises.

"Holy shit! Do that again!" Hoseok urges.

"But they said I can't-" Jungkook begins.

"Fuck what they said, we can win this!" he cheers and waits for the other to get the ball going. 

Let's just say hopekook were superiors in every way aside from knowing the rules, therefore it actually became a tight match. Suho was of course good at it, being the picture perfect student that he is and he blamed their near loss on his team-mate anyway.

It does turn into a loss though when Jungkook slams the ball to the ground on the opposite side and they win the game. Hoseok jumps up in the air as if the just won the world championship... Jungkook, however, just looks at Suho and slowly starts planning his own funeral in the back of his head.

The other is pissed off.

"Fucking cheaters!"

"You lost, live with it!" Hoseok throws back and the other just scowls at him. Jimin and Taehyung claps and hugs in celebration of seeing their mates win such an intense battle that doesn't mean anything anyway. 

Yoongi is sitting by their towels, looking at them with longing eyes. He's glad they are having fun, so he doesn't want to ruin their good mood. Something inside him turns when he watches Jimin embrace Hoseok in a tight hug. It's not like it's an unfamiliar sight, but for some reason Yoongi has to look away for his own good.

His heart won't stop hurting.