Chapter -2: Sitting Alone In Darkness

September 1st, 2018.

It is a very dark and quiet night. Adam steps through the door of someone's garage via a mysterious invitation he received on Discord earlier this afternoon. He feels a great deal of guilt as this invitation is forcing him to trespass on private property. However this month would put him through a very intriguing experience from just one DM on Discord alone. He enters the garage, the source of light came from a lava lamp that was glowing green. In the very back lies a sheet that covers possibly an animatronic that seems to be a few inches taller than Theo, he ignores it. In the middle was a table with an 18 year old lying dead with a meta runner arm flashing a bright green. Adam could tell this person had a notification. He looks at it and there lies "https://photos.app.back.rub.br/yQLDLQiyRJHyAF1aA". He tapped and the gif that was on it read: "Hello? Where am I? Why is it so dark in here?" Just before he assumed something, the next frame read: "Who are you?". Adam was getting goosebumps. He realized the gif was haunted because it assumed it came from the meta runner. The next frame read: "How long was I asleep?" the next frame read: "I don't remember anything.". He wondered if this person had no memories. The next 2 frames caught Adam's interest. "I only remember this:" Then there was a green blue jay symbol that was upside down. The last frame was: "Can you help me?". Unwillingly, Adam did so by inspecting the symbol and doing everything else through this man's meta runner arm. He downloaded the game and the meta runner arm had photoshop installed. putting the gif in, he inspected the symbol frame. Adam was confused and curious. "Is there something in or around the symbol?" Adam said. He used the adjustments bar and went into brightness/contrast. Brightening the image yielded something that was brought to Adam's surprise. "Woah! Is that...binary?" Adam said to himself. He opened Cryptcity that he found when trying to find a decoding website through backrub. Then he tried to copy the string. Translating the code reveals a name..."Daniel". Adam was beginning to theorize. "Is Daniel this dude's name?" He thought to himself. Confused and scared, he leaves the meta runner alone and walks back home trying not to get caught by the home owner. But sorry Adam. This is only the beginning my man.

September 8th, 2018

Goosebumps is beginning to become the only thing going on in Adam's mind...not to mention fear but that's besides the point. The invitation told him to be at the garage every night on a Saturday. This September is not going to be his weekend. There was another notification on Daniel's meta runner arm. Adam went to it and there was another Backrub photos link. He clicks it and the gif reads: I remembered something! My name was Daniel! and then it said, "I know this because you solved the green symbol from last week". Adam starts to turn confused. "Thanks alot for that. ;)". Despite looking quite creepy towards Adam, he gave Daniel a shrug. "Well. I have another problem I would like to shed some light on." "Uh oh." Adam thought to himself. When I sleep, I see some colors that generate strange tones." And then the next frame showed an image that included the symbol saying "Colors that look like this: (insert image here)" They're not normal colors-" Daniel ain't lying! Adam thought the same. He thought there would be something weird going on with the value. So he went to inspect it, by doing so he saw that text encoded in hexadecimal is manipulating the colors. Taking the colors and decoding the hex code later, he gets a link "pastebin.com/E5MeG1eE". Going to the link, he find this message: "Welcome. Pay close attention to the following. The image is a hint on how to solve the audio. The Backrub Drive link is the audio file to the noises of your friend's colors. Good Luck." As it turned out, that link wasn't the only one. There also lied another image that was a glitched image of the Audacity logo. After listening to the tones, he uses Audacity to decode them. Doing so, he recognized what was playing. It was "Your Best Friend" from Undertale. AYE! cried Adam. "I see you, whoever did this! Got some Undertale taste huh?" But then Adam got a bit disappointed. "But why wouldn't it be Megalovania tho!?" y'know Adam, I would replace that as the tones but I wouldn't, sorry......Sans is still a great indie game meme.