The Hunt

Your POV (Andrzej/Zura)

August 9th, 2021 (5:30pm)

Ever since Masaka had escaped all the work that we did felt like it was for nothing. Kali has been stressed and angry, considering the fact that she has to deal with her PMC and the soldiers who knew David Stone. Though I feel bad for the soldiers who have to deal with Kali, she can be quite obnoxious and annoying. Everyday she just has to get mad or boss people around just because she owns a PMC. And that PMC is very suspicious due to what they do, they're not even anti-terrorism, they just fight for money. I was laying down on my bed trying to get some sleep but of course my phone rings, but it wasn't bad because Andreea was texting me. 

Andreea: "Hey Andrzej how are you?" the text read.

Zura: "I'm good Andreea, how are you?" I responded.

Andrea: "Oh I'm good, I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I make things awkward whenever we are together... It's just that I'm into you and I know that you are as well since you told me. And I just want to know if you want to take this relationship serious?" she asked.

I laid there trying to gather my thoughts from what she said. 

Zura: "Yeah, we can take this serious" I replied.

Andreea: "Great, I have a mission tomorrow with another riot (of course) so after the mission do you want to hang out?" she typed.

Zura: "Yeah I may have a mission tomorrow as well so I'll let you know" I replied.

Andreea: "Ok I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight!" she texted.

Zura: "Goodnight" I replied.

I put my phone away and thought to myself.

Is this really my first girlfriend?

I started to feel bored laying down on my bed so I got up put on my shoes and went outside to walk around the city of New York. As I was walking outside I felt calm for some reason. Cities always seemed to calm me down, especially at night. The lights shined thought out the city and gave it a calming tone but also a warm feeling. People were sitting down drinking coffee outside of pretty cafes, very few cars honked their horn every now and then and taxis were dropping off couples at restaurants. I kept on walking on the sidewalks with my headphones plugged in listing to some nice music that paired perfectly with the city at night. The walk was calm and seeing these people live their lives in peace without them having to worry about if they will die the next day or even worse their families and friends. 

I wonder how it feels to live a civilian life... I used to live one but then fast forwards 8 years and now I'm working for special forces just because of my abilities. 

As my song ended I saw a white van pull up and  two men carrying AK47s ran out of it along with a man wearing a blue sweatshirt, black pants, and a bomb vest. The worse part was that their was a mother and a child in front of the man with the vest. The man wearing the vest pulled out a detonator from his pocket and his index finger was on a red button which would detonate it. More and more people started to realize the situation they were in and one lady screamed when gunshots were heard. My heart race increased as the man looked at the mother and child and gave a devilish smile. Thankfully the mother and child used their brains and ran away from the man and more and more people started to freak out and police were now arriving to the scene. 

As I thought "everything will be ok" the man with the vest clicked the red button and blew himself up which sent parts of his body flying through the air. I flipped a wooden table on it side and went behind it to provide me protection. A gust of wind hit me in the face and I saw a women next to me holding her neck with blood spilling from it. I tried to look around for a clean napkin and some water so I could help the women next to me and thank god I was able to find a napkin a broken glass with water in it. I flipped the women on her back and removed her hands from her neck so I could operate on her neck. I first grabbed the napkin and opened it so it could be bigger and applied pressure on her neck to stop the bleeding. After waiting for about 5 minutes the blood stopped and I saw that a piece of shrapnel cut a deep gash in her neck. I grabbed the glass of water and got another napkin and poured the water on the napkin so I could clean her neck in order to clean it to prevent infection. Though I knew that she needs to see a doctor, I don't have any thing that can seriously help her with her condition so I just had to rely on my training and the things around me.