The End of the White Masks

Your POV (Andrzej/Zura)

October 28, 2021 New York (USA)(1:00am)

This is it the end of the White Masks. For years they terrorized the people of the world , preying on their innocence and fear. The artillery strike will be occurring in 3 hours for now the attacks have gone down drastically, not even a skirmish in the past couple of hours. I even heard that earlier today a White Mask member got captured by one of the recruits and I was sent to interrogate him. Tak (Yes) it was bloody and violent, but the terrorist was able to tell me some vital information. Apparently they weren't attacking us because they are planning a large assault that will be using armored vehicles and over 100,000 soldiers. They have been suffering more than us, from our recon we have seen that over 30,872 White Mask soldiers have died. That's a lot of lives lost but as well I know... We know that they want revenge due to those loses. 

At midnight a recruit squad of 25 died in a blink of an eye, all I could do was just watch and try to ignore the deaths but I know that these terrible things will plague and haunt my mind forever until I'm dead. Soon this will all end, hopefully of course they will still have people under their influence but I know that they will realize what they are doing is wrong and they will have to pay for what they have done. God, I wish could just speed up time to where this "war" is over and I can go home and just rest and do whatever I want and not have to worry about peeking my head up to high only to receive a bullet in it. Thankfully I was granted by Harry to go to my house for a little bit of time, but I took this as an opportunity. I grabbed a picture of my father, mother, and me from my desk... And finally a Katana from the Shaolin temple that was sharp and deadly in my hands, but I would only use this as a fall back weapon if I needed to. This will all end soon I know it...

*****

Zura: "Get down, get down!"

Explosions went off all over me, bullets layered our position any movement could threaten our lives. My squad was next to me as well as Moss. 

Kain: "Uh how long until the artillery?"

Devil: "In about 20 minutes, we got to get these operators out of here or we will all die."

Zura: "Moss go alert the other operators, quickly!"

Moss: "Yes on it!"

Moss ran off to go to tell the other operators as we continued to shoot the White Masks that were quickly advancing on our position. My heart was pumping incredibly fast, but I was able to keep my cool. My MP5 was starting to run low on ammo, along with my shotgun. What made this even worse was that I had no grenades and there were no available weapons around that I could scavenge for. But I remembered that I have my Katana, but what could I do with it? I would have to wait until a White Mask jumped into my area where I could cut him up. I could see Bushido's bullets falling from his M762, as they hit the ground they made a tink like sound and weirdly it distracted me for just a quick second. I saw Moss running back to me and quickly got behind cover. 

Moss: "Ok all the operators have retreated, including recruits and R.S.A.F we just need to leave so lets go!"

Hearing what Moss said I threw down one of my "Mist" grenades which provided us cover to retreat back to a location that was far away from the battle where all would regroup. We ran like Jaguars chasing a gazelle in the fields of Africa... I thought we would make it until I heard a scream that terrified me. I looked to my left to see Moss on the ground not even moving a muscle. The tears gathered in my eyes and I tried to fight them back but seeing his body mad eye feel sad and sick. Kain noticed as well and stopped in his tracks only for him to continue to run. I ran back to Moss's body and pulled off his ghillie suit mask to see a bullet that struck him in the right cheek. The caliber must've been large because Moss's had a huge gash in his face where I could see his teeth which were covered in blood. His eyes were dark and looked like a demon took his soul and left no trace of life in him. In a quick matter I grabbed his dog tags and closed his eyes wanting to not see the death in them. 

I ran back to my squad and finally we were able to escape the chaotic battle that took the youngest form of life. The air was somewhat silent expect for our footsteps which occasionally stepped on a crunchy leaf. But that changed once the artillery went off. I looked up to see the shells launch their way to the White Masks. As the artillery shells hit the ground a large explosion was made that sent a wind gust towards us that chilled my back. This was the end...

*****

We finally made it to the regrouping position which was really a large safe house that had the National Guard patrolling and identifying the operators. I could see my mom and aunt hugging each other as well as some of the civilians that were on base for work purposes. I ran up to my mom and gave her a big hug. As we hugged her eyes filled with tears and she tightened her grip around me. I looked to my aunt Zofia to see her hugging Natan and Anya. Anya looked scared for her mothers safety but soon she noticed me and gave me a hug which made my eyes tear up noticing how innocent she was. I needed to tell Zofia what happened to one of her soldiers, for Moss.

Zura: "Zofia, Moss he... He died."

Zofia: "What how?"

Zura: "A bullet to the face. Here are his dog tags."

I handed her his dog tags, she gracefully accepted and held them in her hand. She walked off with her husband and child as I felt someone spin me around and plant a kiss on my lips. 

Andreea: "Thank god you are ok!"

Zura: "Yeah and thank god you are ok. So about what you said to me earlier..."

Andreea: "Yeah we can starting looking don't worry, we just have to wait one year though."

Zura: "I can wait but I will be excited."

Andreea: "Me too draga mea (my love), me to"

With that she planted a kiss on my lips and all I could think about was the life I will have with Andreea.