A Reason to Fight

Your POV (Andrzej/Zura)

October 27, 2021 New York (USA) (1:37am)

These attacks from the White Masks have been relentless... Everyday we fight and fight until there is no more fight left in us. We are exhausted from this bloodshed, the air which used to smell sweet from the trees, now smells like powder, smoke, and rotten flesh. All of this reminds me of one of the missions I had in Shaolin. We were pinned for 8 days straight as African terrorists moved in our position, but yet they didn't win, and now we will have to do the same. I heard news that we may have to result in a artillery strike to kill these terrorists there's just to many and soon we will be over run. That's a word I don't want to hear nor to happen, it's scary knowing what these terrorist will do. They will plague the world with their disease of terrorism, preying on the innocent. I can't wait until this battle is over, I shouldn't even say battle it's more like a war a never ending war. The E.S.O.D.F have now gotten involved with this war and thankfully they were able to help us significantly. 

Some days it's weird... They will have little skirmishes and other days they will have full on attacks and go crazy trying to kill us. Thankfully they haven't successfully won a battle all they do is just retreat and hide until the next day. What cowards they are... I just want this to finish so I can leave Rainbow and the R.S.A.F and live a life hopefully with Andreea. I know she's still alive I can feel it, but if she dies I don't know what I'll do, I will just be lost knowing that the first love of life is gone. I miss her smile it was soft and beautiful and her hair flowed like waves in the ocean. I hope that my mother and my aunt are still alive and doing well. I bet Zofia is worried sick of her family, Anya and Natan must be terrified for her safety. As I was going to lay down on a wall of sandbags and get some sleep Moss came up to me.

Moss: "Hey Zura, you doing ok?"

Zura: "Yeah I guess I'm fine, can I ask you a question?"

Moss: "Of course whats up?"

Zura: "What are you going to do after this ends?"

Moss: "Well I'm gonna leave Zofia's PMC in two years and start of a real life. I have earned enough money through the New Generation War and the PMC, so I'll be set."

Zura: "Sounds nice."

Moss nodded his head and said his farewells before he walked away. I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep, something that I wanted very badly. 

*****

I woke up hearing a loud explosion and hundreds of yelling voices as I realized that an attack was occurring. I grabbed my MP5 and began to shoot the White Masks as they fell like flies. The rest of my squad was still standing, thank god but I can tell that their sick of fighting. What child should even be fighting in a war like this, only the ones who are asking for their death. A White Mask noticed me and thankfully I noticed him and we began a shoot off. He fired one bullet and I fired one back at him. My blood pumped fast and faster by the minute and thankfully I hit him in the arm which caused his to drop his rifle and for me to finish him with a bullet in his head. Minutes passed and finally they retreated back to their lines as we were given a break for once. I sat down laying my back up against the wall of sandbags hearing the silence of this little skirmish. 

Zura: "It's silent I don't like it."

Chains: "Yeah me too, it gives me an odd feeling."

Bushido: " *Groan* I swear... When will this end! We've been fighting for days, I just want this to end and finally we can leave this place."

Devil: "I don't know Alexi, we just have to wait or finish this."

Kain: "Yeah as much as I hate admitting it we have to wait until they run out of numbers or until the artillery strike will wipe them out."

I wondered to myself what should I do when this ends? Living with Andreea is something I want for sure, but career wise I don't know. Maybe I can teach martial arts that doesn't sound so bad...  I shouldn't be thinking about my future too much, especially in a place like this knowing that my life can be taken away in an instant. I don't even feel scared anymore, I'm just annoyed, annoyed about everything like a teenager, considering I am one. But of course that Harry prick wants us to hold our position until further notice. That's all he said, "wait until further notice", I bet it's easy for him to say those things when you're not in the line of fire and wondering when you'll die. 

God how much I can hate him, but yet he is my boss and I don't want to get fired from this job. I even heard that some recruits have been deserting and when they get caught they're immediately killed by Thatcher or even worse Caveira. She tortures them for deserting and kills them slowly by watching them bleed to death. Sometimes I even want to kill her just for her doing those things. I wonder how she will be in the future knowing that she is completely psychotic and probably can't go a whole day without killing someone or something. I got out of trance by Mute coming up to me and signaling me to go over to a tent where battle plans where sketched out. 

I entered the tents to see Mira, Zofia, Tachanka, Fuze, Lesion, and Twitch going over some plans about the artillery.

Zofia: "Andrzej, we have a mission for you."

Zura: "What is it Zoe?"

Zofia: "You have to make sure to get everyone out of the battlefield so we can have the artillery strike ready."

Zura: "Alright how long do I have for this mission?"

Zofia: "One day."

Fuze: "Start getting to work Polish boy or you'll be responsible for your comrades deaths."

Zofia gave me hug and told me to be safe before I left the tent and returned back to my squad. I walked up to them and told them the mission before having them pass it along. 

Zura: "I hope this mission works if not I'm screwed."

Chains: "Yeah the same with us, I bet Caveria will kill us if this mission fails."

Kain: "How long until the strike?"

Zura: "At least ten hours from now, so make sure everyone has fallen back to the secure location."

Devil: "Got it, I'll start informing the others. Bushido come with me."

The two left and went to tell the others to prepare for the strike while the rest of us waited at our positions for anything. Having nothing to do at the moment and went around telling operators about the next event and finally I made my way to the R.S.A.F section where I saw Andreea. She noticed where I was and ran up to me and gave me a passionate kiss. Her lips were dry and this kiss felt desperate and I didn't want it to end. I stared into her blue eyes where for just once I forgot about the troubles of this war and was able to relax with Andreea. I started to ask her some questions about what we should do in the future.

Zura: "What do you want to do after this ends?"

Andreea: "Go home or maybe we can get one?"

A smiled formed on my face before I responded.

Zura: "That doesn't sound bad, we'll be living together."

Andreea: "Duh of course Sherlock we'll be living together."

Zura: "Before I go did you hear the news?"

Andreea: "Yeah I did Devil told me, and please be careful."

Zura: "I will, Andreea?"

Andreea: "Yes?"

Zura: "Kocham Cie (I love you)"

Andreea: "Tez cie kocham (I love you too)."

With that I gave her a finally kiss before walking off and with a strange feeling in my stomach I felt hearing Andreea say I love you too made me scared for her and me. 

I hope this won't be the end of me, not now, please not now...

A/N: Hello everyone Im very sorry that I haven't updated this story in 16 days but I have been very busy with work and with my one shot book. I hope you enjoy this chapter as the book will end very very soon. I hope you have a great day or night and I will see you later bye!