The Beginning of the End

Your POV (Andrzej/Zura)

October 22, 2021 (5:30)

Everything was going well today, thats what I kept telling my self. I woke up, saw my mother and grandfather, had to do some training earlier and ended the day with spending time with Andreea. I was sitting down on my bed scrolling through my phone looking at my photos with my friends and family. Everything was fine until I got a notification from Harry.

Harry: "Hello Zura, I hope I'm not disturbing you but we need you and your squad down to the front gate of the Hereford entrance there is a rather large crowd gathering there and our guards are getting overwhelmed. Please bring live rounds. The rest of the R.S.A.F will be deployed there. Thank you have a good rest of your night!" the text read.

I sighed hoping that tonight would be a great night but no. I'm not surprised really, and the fact that we have to use live rounds scares me a bit. I put on my uniform, got my weapons and loaded them with live rounds, and finally I made my way down to the front gate. The air was crisp and cold with a little breeze that would move the branches leaves as they made a shuffling like sound. In front of me was my squad and the rest of the R.S.A.F, one of them noticed me and told me to come to him but what I saw next blew me away. Hundreds of people all wearing White Masks uniforms were lined up without moving one bit, it made me believe that they were made of stone. 

Zura: "Whats happening?" I asked.

Chains: "I don't know they're just standing there, they've been like this for the past five minutes" he replied to me.

Devil: "Whatever is happening I don't like it, this... This isn't normal" he said to us.

Next to me I saw Moss wearing his ghillie suit which was covered in moss and leaves. 

Moss: "What do you think is gonna happen?" he asked.

Zura: "They're gonna attack us, so be ready" I said quietly.

A large looking man who was in the crowd pulled out a military grade rifle and shot a bullet into one of the guards head killing him instantly. The rest of us ran out of the way to a large piece of thick concrete as bullets swarmed over our heads. The wall that guarded the entrance to Hereford base was blown open and a white van pulled in. White Masks soldiers jumped out of the van and began to shoot us covering the ground with bullet casings. Thankfully their aim was not the best so we were able to return fire to them. Gun powder filled the air as the bullets whizzed by head the bodies of the White Masks would fall to the ground as they screamed in pain. More and more of them kept coming and eventually we would become overwhelmed and we were forced to retreat near the base. 

Sandbags were laid upon each other to make a wall to offer us some protection from the bullets that never stopped trying to kill us. My ears eventually began to rang as another loud explosion went off near us. More and more vans pulled in filling the ground with dead bodies and blood. 

Zura: "We are overwhelmed what do we do?" I asked. 

Bushido: "Keep fighting we can't let them win!" he shouted back to me.

In this moment I felt trapped, I felt as if I would never escape this death, this killing I have to do, this chaos. But I had to be strong this was one of the moments where I realized that today I have to fight for what is mine and be brave. Everything mattered in this moment my family, my friends, my comrades, and the person I loved. I shot back at our enemies ignoring everything that was happening around me, the things that I felt, what I saw, what I could hear was all real. Thankfully real members of team Rainbow were able to arrive at our position and fight beside us. More and more terrorists began to pour into the battlefield, within an hour of fighting a hundred enemies became a thousand. 

Fight! Fight! Is what I kept telling my self, but for some reason I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. All these years of me fighting in worse places than this I was never scared, this is different. There were only a hundred of us fighting a thousand. The police were able to reach our position but they were killed due to their lack of firepower. I heard whizzing over my head as I saw something move very fast. Behind me ten recruits who were clearly scared and fearing for their own lives were blown up by a motor shell. One of them was missing a leg while another was missing half of his body. Their screams were horrifying and sad, tears streamed down their faces as they screamed for help. One was even crying for his mother... A medic who worked for the recruits went over to treat the wounded but he was struggling to help them. His hands were shaking as they were covered with blood and bits of body parts. The person who he was attending grabbed his hand and said two words that changed his emotions, Kill me. 

The medic couldn't apprehend what he just heard his face was filled with shock, eventually he grabbed his pistol and aimed it at his patients head. His index finger laid on the trigger but I saw he couldn't do it. He mustered the remaining strength he had left and pulled the trigger killing the other recruit in an instant. 

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes but I could fight them, but what I had seen was enough to make me feel scared. 

Devil: "Hey it's ok this will end soon just keep fighting I know you can!" he shouted to me.

I picked up my weapon and used my skills to kill the enemies that were starting to get dangerously close. Finally after hours of fighting the guns ceased fire and the rest of the White Masks had left the battlefield. I breathed a breath of relief as I know that we won but just the battle. Bodies laid all over the ground with blood spilling from them, the air smelled of gun powder and rotting flesh. I could feel a hand touch my shoulder as I looked behind me to see Sam Fisher. 

Zero: "Hey kid, you're gonna be alright" he said with a calm voice. 

Zura: "Thanks Sam, but I want to know why did you come back to the military life?" I asked.

Zero: "I guess I just missed the action you know? I've done a lot in my life you know , so have you. But when you get old like me you tend to miss out on the action" he replied while reloading his gun. 

Zura: "Yeah thanks Zero see you later" I said before I walked away.

As I walked away from my short conversation with Sam, I saw my mother who ran up to me and embraced me with warm arms. 

Ela: "Oh my god, thank god you're ok!" she said hugging me.

Zura: "Yeah thankfully, I guess this battle was the start of this invasion the White Masks have been preparing" I replied.

Ela: "Tak (yes), they just want to see us die because we are the ones who have been killing them" she said.

Zura: "So what do we do now?" I asked.

Ela: "We have to hold out for as long as we can, the British military will be able to help us along with the police force but these masks are fanatical" she replied to my question.

My mom walked away before giving me a hug and a kiss, leaving me standing in the middle of our defenses. 

This is the beginning of the end