Chapter seven

Slughorn's party was coming up and you knew you needed to buy a dress but you could not be bothered to ask your parents for money, not because they wouldn't give it to you but because they give it at such ease. Your mother was an overdrinking, sleaze and your father was just the same but totally focused on art. They spent their time splashing colour on a canvas, having orgies with other purebloods and tasting red wine. You loved them but also loathed them. But you still sent the letter asking them for the money.

Rushing up to the owlery you grabbed a fur scarf and hurried off. You tiptoed up the steps as you reached the doorway you saw Draco standing latching a scroll onto his owl. He turned to face you, a smirk plastering his face " l/n, what are you doing here?",

"Don't flatter yourself Malfoy, I am doing something you'd know well!" you sneered

"What is that then" he huffed

"Asking mummy and daddy for money"

"Oh bugger off y/n" he said, kicking the snow and coming to face you.

"What you need money for, still not replaced that pair of knickers?" he snorted

"No draco i am actually going to a party, but you wouldn't know because you're never here"

"I'm just busy that's all, miss me?" shuffling his feet shyly.

" In your wildest dreams blondie" you chuckled.

You pushed past him walking to your owl, you hold your breath as you send off the owl. Annoyed at yourself for asking them for money but knowing you'll need it for that dress.

The dress is black long and sleek, with a silver snake on the back that exposes half your back!

Within the next day you got an excited reply from your mother she was delighted that you had spoken to them and gave you the money and extra. You send the money to the dress shop in London and to jewellers to get some silver rings. When the dress arrives it's even better than the original images, it huge your body at the bum and hips and flows.

The night of the party you get ready in your room with irena, she's wearing a stunning cow neck emerald dress. And when you meet up with Xophia and Ginny, Ginny is wearing a baby pink loose fitting, satin cocktail dress. But Xophia is wearing a nudey pink coloured dress covered in strawberries. They look amazing. You start to discuss sex lives, boys, school and politics. You were all purebloods yet agreed that mudblood and halfbloods are no different from themselves! As you walk holding hands with Irena like normal you come across the corridors before the party and they are decorated fabulously! You giggle and discuss the decorations.

As you step into the party you hear calm jazz playing and the sounds of timid conversion. This was the sort of party you enjoyed. Mature. You made your way to Slughorn and Lupin who discussed your future careers as you described your interest in being an aura. They were outstanded that you managed to keep it quiet as you never want everyone to know all the faces and names of all the auras. You carried on with respectable conversation when you decided you needed a breather. You stepped through the veils of decorations then your eyes met with his.