❝ psych ❞

school actually wasn't bad up until the bio test.

everyone in class failed it. it was awful. i got 45% myself.

mr. k's (bio teacher) powerpoints are just so fuckin long and flood you with so much info. i studied for hours, and i still can't retain shit.

anyway, the bright side of today was that i read 40 pages for psychology~ the only thing i can read and comprehend is info on psychology.

i have a huge list of organized notes. i learned about some psychology pioneers, the different subtypes of psychology, different research methods, etc.

did you guys know that practicing recalling information from memory helps retention more than just restudying information when given the same amount of time for both? it's called the testing effect. i'm gonna try to use it more when i study, especially for biology.

also, americans are particularly ethnocentric. i finally found the word for it haha.

ethnocentric, for anyone who doesn't know, is used to describe someone who believes their culture or ethnic group is superior to all others and the related tendency to use one's own culture as a standard by which to judge other cultures.

ik we get judged for our ethnocentrism, which i totally don't blame others for cuz i get embarrassed by america's ignorance lamow.

(9.9.20)