❝ oldest wattpad account ❞

i found what i think might be my oldest wattpad account. i made it 6 years ago.

i won't say the name to spare you guys from the absolute monstrosity it is. casey couldn't even read what i wrote on it cuz it was just so bad lmao.

like, it was written fine in the sense that it was coherent. my grammar wasn't awful. but everything i wrote was edgy and really vague.

my past vagueness was one of the most annoying things about me tbh. it's like i couldn't be direct about anything. i wanted people to read into every little thing i said and make all the possible connections to know exactly what i was talking about.

i was so,,, airheaded. i still am, but at least i'm no longer the very annoying kind of stupid.

idk, i might share the user if you guys are up for the challenge,,, does anyone think they'll be able to read through my books?

— ♥ —

i think it's important to acknowledge that every fandom has its toxicity. some fandoms have more than others.

i let the toxicity of the undertale fandom keep me from getting into the game for years. it wasn't until last year that i allowed myself to watch jacksepticeye play it and figured out that i love it. i love the story, the characters, the soundtrack– all of it. but what i saw of the fandom drove me away from getting into it much sooner.

i think we should try to separate the fandom from the content more. the fandom doesn't define the content. ik it can be annoying and keep you from sharing your interest in said content, but there is a separation from the two. you can enjoy the content without being in the fandom.

i was stuck in the mindset that i couldn't enjoy the content without having to associate myself with a fandom. it led to me disliking voltron (and especially klance), which i enjoyed up until i saw too much of what the fandom was like.

there's plenty of other notably toxic fandoms: k-pop, hazbin hotel, my hero academia – even fnaf – but that doesn't mean that there aren't good people in those fandoms that are respectful and have a good appreciation for the content (without adding in any gross shit or gatekeep or whatever else they do).

(10.25.20)