The Doctor

"The teacher left a complaint," Quinton flatly told me upon seeing me

"The teacher left a complaint," Quinton flatly told me upon seeing me. He and Declan just got home when he gave me the news. I looked at Declan who dropped his bag on the floor and ran to me to hug my leg. "You okay baby?" I asked my son.

He shook his head and I look at Quinton for more answers. Quinton and I haven't spoken much since I told him that Kolson was my boss now. He got mad because I told him he couldn't do anything about it and he cannot attack Kol like he wanted to because I would get fired.

"He was sulking all day and said he's feeling sick but didn't want to go home. I guess he knew that no one would be home but I'm sure one of us could have come," Quinton sighed.

'Thank you," I said before picking Declan up and walking to our room. I rest him on the bed and kneeled so we were leveled. "How are you feeling?" I asked. I checked the heat of his skin and he seemed fine. "My throat is itchy and my nose is leaky," he mumbled.

I pursed my lip, wondering what to do about this situation. "How about I run a bath, have aunty Sage make you soup and I'll give you honey and lime afterward," I suggested. His eyes lit up at the sound of soup and I let out a small laugh. "I'll take that as a yes," I added and he nodded his head eagerly.

I prayed that this wasn't anything serious. Maybe the weather was too cold or something, I didn't want this to be major. Hopefully, I could fight off the symptoms.

That night, Declan was wrapped up in blankets sleeping soundly. I was up, tossing and turning. He couldn't get off my mind. Why couldn't I forget our memories? Even the ones from where we were little kids, I could remember almost vividly.

Oh, how we changed, thing happened and we can't seem to stay out of each other's lives. According to Verrin, Nessara was dead, or at least they thought so. I badly wanted to know what happened but that would be getting involved and I made a promise to myself I never would.

I fell asleep with the thought of the brown-haired guy and his ocean eyes.

When I woke up, I made sure Declan was fine before going outside and starting breakfast. Humming Adele, I wasn't expecting anyone to be outside this early, let alone Declan.