The Wedding

Siya's outfit^ I couldn't find the perfect picture of the green emerald tuxedos Declan and Kol would be wearing to match her dress:(

Raven looked beautiful

Beyond beautiful. It reminds me of how excited I was to be in her position. Verrin looked so happy, like nothing could touch him. It was one of the greatest days of their lives, I could tell. I attending hate weddings because they're so boring but this one, especially since it's someone close to me, it was very happy and emotional to see it.

I'm so happy for them. "You're tearing up," Kolson whispered in my ear and I was quick to wipe the tears away. "I'm bored," Declan casually said while swinging his foot on the chair. Kolson was wearing an emerald shirt with black pants, black shoes, and a black jacket over it. He refused to wear the tie. Declan wore a black shirt with emerald green pants, shoes, and a jacket. They insisted on matching my emerald green dress.

It was only minutes after the wedding and everyone rushed the greet the wedded couple. So many people from work were just staring at us and I found it amusing. I'm sure they saw the pictures, I'm sure they noticed I was in his office all time for my last week at the company. Yet they still can't hold back from staring and gossiping when they see us sitting together at Verrin's wedding. "Me too," Kolson sighed.

Kolson was slightly nervous today because after the wedding is when we planned to tell Delcan about Kolson being his father. He has nothing to worry about, and I'm sure if Declan was a little older he would've realized it by now. "So what are you doing for Christmas?" I changed the topic. I also told myself I was going to ask him to come home with us today. Today is a big day for everyone.

"Yeah! We're leaving soon!" Declan cheered excitedly and I facepalmed. Maybe it wasn't a wise decision telling him before Kolson."What do you mean you're leaving? Are you playing games with me?" Kolson blurted out, his eyes darting between Delcan and me for answers. I shook my head and played with Declan's fingers. "We're going home. For Christmas like always, you're free to come but I don't know if you'd come with the company..." I trailed off.

"What? Of course, I'm coming. I'm not being separated from him or you," he bluntly said with his eyes on his son. "Okay," I agreed, trying not to show my excitement. I know he told his house after he left and stuff so I'm surprised he agreed so easily. "Come on, let's go get some food," he changed the topic. His hand laced with mine and the three of us made our way to the table filled with food.

So much food.

_♤_

"Thank you guys for coming, really I rather you both together than trying to slit each other's throats," Verrin joked but told no lie. Kolson hugged my waist sideways tighter at the comment. "It's our pleasure," Delcan giggled, making Verrin smile brightly. "He's adorable. It's hard not to love him," Verrin awed and I completely agreed.

"Alright man, go get laid and I'll see you after the honeymoon," Kolson dismissed. He rolled his eyes at the mention but didn't disagree with it either. We hugged Verrin goodbye before walking towards the bench in the middle of the garden where Verrin and Raven's wedding was. It's a beautiful place and thankfully, no one was around so we got our privacy. It was nighttime now, the only light was from the bright moon and from the light inside where everyone was.

"I thought we were going for chocolate now," Declan frowned. Sadly, there was alcohol in the chocolate fountain so Delcan couldn't have any, I didn't know that was even possible. So in return, Kolson promised to get him chocolate so we can melt it at home and dip it in my strawberries that I had in the fridge. "We have to tell you something serious first," I said and we sat down on the bench with Declan in the middle. "Is it that you both are boyfriend and girlfriend like Miss Shapen and Janitor Cregg?" He guessed. His school teacher? And the Janitor...okay.

"Um yes...we are but it's something more," Kolson revealed before I can say anything. He was rather confident. I shouldn't be so surprised, this isn't the first time he labeled us without even asking. I don't think I have a problem with that because it's quite obvious now. "What is it?" He obliviously asked. I grabbed Kolson's hands with mine and rest them on Declan's lap. "Remember when you were asking me about your father a couple of months ago?" I recalled.

Because of school and when he would see other parents, he would occasionally ask me about his father but not too often. Declan nods his head. Here it goes. "Well...Kolson is um..." I struggled. "I'm your father, Delcan," Kolson softly admitted, looking deep into Delcan's blue eyes. We remain silent, patiently waiting for Declan to say something. "S-serious?" He questioned, snapping his head to look at me for signs of objections. "Yes," I breathed out with water in my eyes.

"This is the best day ever!" Delcan cheered. He unexpectedly launched his body at Kolson and wrapped his tiny hands around his neck.

 He unexpectedly launched his body at Kolson and wrapped his tiny hands around his neck

Three more chapters left of Unfinished Business before the epilogue 😬🤧❤