The Understatement

"I'm gonna tell him, tomorrow mom, I'm not ready but I have to," I leaned onto my mother's shoulder as we watched Declan sleep on the fluffy mat

"I'm gonna tell him, tomorrow mom, I'm not ready but I have to," I leaned onto my mother's shoulder as we watched Declan sleep on the fluffy mat. I'll lift him and take him to his room soon. "I know you're scared honey but Declan needs his dad. Do this for Declan," she urged me, rubbing her hand up and down the side of my arm.

"Yes, for Declan," I repeated softly.

For Declan.

My hands were sweaty. I kept wiping them on my skirt but it was no use. My head was a chaotic mess. The brunch with Kolson yesterday was perfect. When we returned to my apartment to collect his things, Declan literally cried. He cried because Kolson was leaving and thought he wouldn't come back even though Kol promised him a thousand times he would.

It crushed me. Yet gave me more motivation to tell him. It was after work, Kolson wasn't there today since he needed to take another visit to the factories. However, I called him thirty minutes ago to make sure he'd be home and he confirmed it as well as sending me his address.

Kolson:
The door is open, walk in when you arrive.

Received twenty minutes ago. Now here I am, standing in front of his door. Just grab the handle and step inside, it's that easy. But once I step inside, I have to tell him. I prayed that this goes over well and he doesn't hate me. Because as much as I don't want him to, he's going to be disappointed and upset that I didn't tell him this life changing news sooner.

Finally, I gathered up enough courage and I opened the door. "Fuck you!" The familiar voice shouts from the next room. Nessara? "Kolson?" I called, stepping into his living room to get my eyes on what's happening. Nessara had tears down her cheeks, she was wearing an oversized white shirt that looked like Kolson's and her black bra printing through. "Treasure, it's not what it looks like," Kolson blurted out.

His face was red with anger, he looked like he been through hell in the last five minutes. "I thought you two um...broke up," I cleared my throat. Please, don't let it be like what I'm thinking. Kolson wouldn't do that, right? He wouldn't lie that he caught Nessara cheating. "We did! But that doesn't mean I'm not getting him back so miss assistant, get the hell out. He's mine and you're not getting him!" Nessara claimed.

"I'm not getting back with you, Nessa! I was going to end things even if you didn't cheated or not! We aren't meant for each other!" Kolson shouted back. "But I love you. Remember when I convinced you to propose to me because we thought I was pregnant?" Nessara mumbled softly.

Fuck.

Shit.

They thought Nessara was pregnant? And that's why he proposed. I...I've always wondered how it is he proposed to her but I guess now I know. Kolson ran his fingers through his hair and down his face. "Exactly. I didn't genuinely want to marry you, Nessa," Kolson corrected with an exhaustive sigh.

"What's the big difference between Siya and I huh? You always told me that it's not about the physical stuff so what is it that she doesn't have! How is she so different from me!?" Nessara shouted. Kolson groaned,

"Just tell me!" Nessara demanded.

"Siya never kept huge secrets like this from me! You did!" Kolson screamed at Nessara and she started to laugh. "That's a fucking understatement!" Nessara screamed back in return. "She's been keeping a very big secret from you!" She continued. "What secret? Is it the one you've been trying to tell me?" Kolson mumbled, his voice softer and he looked at me with curiosity.

Sage wouldn't. She wouldn't have told Nessara like that. She wouldn't betray me like that. This is so messed up. This isn't how it was supposed to happen! "Go ahead, tell him! You know what I'm talking about," she urged with an evil smirk on her face. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. I'll tell him on my own timing!" I defended. "Tell me what?" Kolson obliviously asked, his knuckles white over how tightly he clenched them.

"Not now Nessara please! Don't do this!" I pleaded and she continued to chuckle. "We all don't get what we want," she shrugged and turned her head to Kolson. "That's it! Get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops!" Kolson demanded. Yes, please.

Nessara made no effort to leave. She just stood there, looking back and forth between Kolson and I. No, this isn't how it's supposed to happen. I was supposed to sit him down and ease him into it, starting with saying that I'm a mother, then saying I was pregnant five years ago and if he didn't get it by then, I'd say that Chelsea isn't a mother.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

I'm screwed.

Then, the words left her lips in what felt like slow motion. "She didn't tell you that you're a fucking father!" Nessara screamed, shattering my life into tiny pieces.

👉👈

👉👈

So....that happened😬