The Jacuzzi

"Good morning," I yawned as I entered the kitchen

"Good morning," I yawned as I entered the kitchen. It's one week before Christmas. We've been here almost for one week and it still hasn't hit me that I'm wearing Kolson's ring on my finger. A promise ring. It felt so personal and much more coming from Kolson. I kept it private, going around and telling my family felt wrong. If they notice and ask then sure I'll say. Serena still kept her distance, she's only spoken to Chelsea and I a couple of times. It was better than not at all.

"Honey, it's four in the evening. I was just about to wake Declan up, we're taking him to the mall," my mother shakes her head in disappointment. "Why? We went Christmas shopping yesterday," I asked as I filled a glass of water. "Because Declan asked us to take him without both of you there for obvious reasons," Quinton answered. My heart melted at the thought. He's too young to be buying Christmas presents so hopefully, that's not why.

"Okay, I'll go wake him up," I say before gulping all of the water. My bedroom door creaked open and I'm hit with the heart melting sight. Kolson asleep on the bed shirtless like usual, in his arms was Declan sound asleep in his Christmas themed pajamas. It's real, it's actually real. I sighed and slid back into the bed so that Delcan was between us. "Declan," I sang and ran my fingers through his light brown hair. He stirred slightly and stretched his arms up. A goofy smile appeared on my face as I continued my movements, tugging at his clothes and pulling at his cheeks also to get him out of his sleep state.

"Momma stop, you'll wake Dadda up," he whined and pushed further into Kolson for protection. "Grandma says you're going to the mall today again," I spoke for the first time. His eyes jolt open and he pushed off the bed and ran into the small closet with speed. In the process, he woke up his father. Kolson groaned and pat around for my hand. Once he had his grip on my wrist be pulled me to his chest and trapped me with his arms.

"Did you get your outfit, cuddle bug?" I asked, watching over Kolson's shoulder as Declan grabs himself an outfit. "Yup!" He grinned with his cream colored pants and redshirt. "Let me go," I tugged my body free from Kolson's grip. He threw a pillow over his head and another he hugged to fill my gap. I got off the bed and helped Declan brush his teeth. After that, I helped him into his outfit and combed back his hair before walking downstairs.