Haze in the Mirrors

As a child, you assumed that castles hidden inside magic forests meant only one thing: there is a princess who lives there, and one day, will be in need of saving from her prince. It was only when you stopped reading fairy tales that you learned that most castles were actually used as fortress rather than a home.

But in the case of the new headquarters of the Survey corps, the castle in Ehrmich didn't house princesses. Instead, it housed a titan.

You've gone back with Miche before Levi squad's afternoon tea. Petra usually serves whichever finger foods are available in the pantry, (Mostly carrots or none at all.) while Levi took care of the tea. Captain Levi, you noticed, is a picky tea drinker. It's the truth; the guy prefers the better things in life, and even with this simple lifestyle they have, his preference for quality never falls short.

You've gone ahead to the kitchen where the stocks for wound dressings were kept, coincidentally meeting the captain you had just been thinking about.

He briefly glanced at the door before he proceeded to tip over the water jug. You guessed it's time for their frequent afternoon tea.

"Sir?" You approached him. "Do you mind if I get included in the hot water as well? I have to change my wound dressing, you see." You explained as politely as you could. In contrast to the popular opinion, Levi is a reasonable guy. Sure, he snaps, he gets impatient, but he listens to reason and agrees with the reasonable.

You stared at him while waiting for an answer...

And waited.

And waited.

Sheep number one.

Sheep number two.

Sheep number thre-

"What are you staring at?" He sounded confrontational, it intimidated you.

"Well..."

"I got you counted," He simply said while taking out the cups. You swear he's secretly a mind reader. You mumbled your thanks and proceeded to put salt on a basin...

"Sir...?" You treaded carefully, afraid he'll snap at you or something. What was it— he's reasonable, you said? You heard nothing. No 'yeah?' or a grunt or anything that indicated he's listening or at least he heard you.

You just needed one more assistance. Just one more. Wouldn't hurt, right?

"C-Can you uhh... tip the jug for me, please?" You pursed your lips to a hopeful, little smile as you fiddled with your bandages.

He observed you with furrowed eyebrows as if contemplating why he's even putting up with your demands. You gulped and counted the dust in the floor, waiting for him to say anything and release you from this tension of being in the same room as him.

"What for?" And as soon as he said something, you exhaled so loud your shoulders sank low, letting yourself slouch. This man's dangerous. He knows how to keep a lady on her toes!

You were met with a raised eyebrow, as he leaned on the kitchen counter. He had his arms crossed, as one of his hands held a cup of drinking water.

What for-? Right. "To wash my wounds sir." You responded so politely an HR employee would blush. He then responded by putting down his cup, and tilted the jug to put water in your basin. His fringe is straight and you could tell it's been recently washed by the absence of oil. Somehow, his eyelashes are long and thin yet the length goes unnoticed because it's straight. Levi doesn't have a dramatic nose bridge, but his upturned nose suits his small face.

His skin is pasty, despite being on the sun all day. Must've been because of nutrient deficiency—

"Are you gonna stare at me all day, or are you gonna tell me to stop?" You blinked at the sudden
interruption, bringing you back to the kitchen with the guy you just keenly observed.