Cracks in the Walls

Medieval castle's staircases were built for safety. Since most swordwielder fought with their right hand, the staircases were built counterclockwise. This means that the invader will have a hard time swinging his sword while fighting in the stairs, giving the person on the higher elevation an advantage. The steps themselves were built like a thin slice of pie so that the invader will lose his footing while trying to fight.

But none of those matter anymore.
Why? Because you can now walk on two feet.

You shivered this dawn. Even during the summer, the halls of the Ehrmich castle remained cold and moldy, much to Captain Levi's annoyance. The unused stairs remained mucid and uneven you had to be careful in every step. You wondered how many soldiers and invaders alike died in this place when the king of the walls once reigned.

You let the lamp lit your footing, one hand in your crutch as you looked for that storage room in the upper floors that Petra mentioned.

Third floor, right, fourth door. You remembered her instructions.

You murmured the directions in a sing-song manner, while your eyes looked passively over the row of doors.

Then you heard a moan.

Not the 'in-pain' kind of moan but like a 'writhing-drowning-in-pleasure' type of moan.
And on the gap of that door, right next to the storage room, was a faint yellow glow.

People are there.

You're in no hurry to return the crutch anyway and you can use it as an excuse to find out who's with who. You're never the probing type, really, not with the lives of people you have no business with. 

But... you are curious.

They said you're a genius, and a genius just happens to be... curious, all the time. It's part of your nature you see, and you can't go against nature. No— no you are not the probing type. You're not that shameless. For research purposes, you wanted to learn who may be on the other side of the door.

You gulped, careful not to make any sound as you creeped closer... 

On the gap... 

...of the door.

There were exhales and inhales, soft curses and breath hitches...

The reverberating sound of wood against cement echoed on the dark halls, you tiptoed closer... 

and closer...

"No more..." 

Nanaba's messy, scandalous form was splattered in this gorgeous mahogany while Miche on the other end, was buried on her heat. She crunched to make eye contact; she tapped the table to protest but her partner was relentless in expressing his desperation for her taste.

You gulped at the scene. There was this strange spasm in your lower abdomen, a tickling tension sparked between your thighs. Torn between this urge to know what that feels like and the conscience to stop watching them, yet too shocked to move and take a step back.  

You can always come back later. You thought, You can let them finish first and—

"Oi, what are you doing?"

 Your neck almost snapped seeing Levi a few steps below. There was no way Nanaba and Miche couldn't have heard him, and because your luck is shit, you're the first one they'll see. It felt forever before your leg muscles twitched, giving you a head start. You recklessly ran back below to save yourself from the embarrassment that you're caught watching two grown people have sex.