Chapter 5

Laila had her eyes closed. Sound of heavy boots run through her ear. She knew that this can't be good. She kept her eyes close. She knew that their alpha is standing in the room in front of them but she didn't want t see the scared looks on the faces of her parents and brother. She is missing Ethan. He is the only thing on her mind now . She wanted to reunite with her brother and the fastest way of that will be the alpha killing her and her family.

The sound of steps got louder and louder and then the sound stopped. Laila knew he is close but she was afraid to even look at him.

Gabriel came forward and stopped once he was near her. He bent down on his knees and looked at his mate. He was closely studying her.

' She is beautiful ' Gabriel thought

Laila heard a faint voice like someone have called her beautiful without using any vocal voice. This made Laila open her eyes and when she saw Gabriel in front of her. Her once steady breathing rose up. She was scared not for her but for her family.

Gabriel sensed the tension which was causing a storm inside and he couldn't help but to smirk. ' So fragile ' he once again thought

Laila again her a sound but this time It was more clear. She couldn't understand a thing. This type of thing was happening for the first time.

' Maybe I'm being paranoid' Laila thought . On hearing this thought, Gabriel smirk got wider.

" Look at me " Gabriel said in a dominating voice. but Laila was still looking at his boots. She didn't want to see the cruel beast who caused her family all the pain

" Look at me right now " Gabriel said in a more demanding tone. Power was radiating off him. Even this time Laila was still. Her eyes were on the floor.

Gabriel didn't like that a bit. He signed and said " So my fragile prisoner is too afraid to even to look at me. Even though I haven't done anything yet " Garbriel with all of his guards started laughing.

" You aren't going doing without a fight huh " Gabriel asked to Laila but this looked like a statement rather than a question

Now Gabriel had enough. He wanted to look in her eyes. He didn't know why. He just wanted to. Without a warning, Gabriel caught her jaw in a tight grip and forced her to look upward. Laila closed her eyes tightly. She didn't want to give him what he wanted. She was weak but she wanted to die with dignity

" Aren't you stubborn " Gabriel said with a sign. Gabriel looked at his right and saw a dagger on the wall. The dagger seemed old but blade was looking still sharp.

" Pass me that dagger " Gabriel said at once and one of his guards removed the dagger from the wall and hand it over to his alpha.

Gabriel studied the dagger and from the symbols he figured out that this is the royal dagger. Previous king passed it on to the next king.

" So this dagger belongs to you Jorden " Gabriel said with a hint of amusement.

His grip was still on Laila's jaw. On hearing that , king Jorden knew that this is not going to end well.

" How about seeing the blood of your loved ones on your own dagger " Gabriel said in a hoarse voice and at once he plunged the dagger into Laila lower leg. She screamed. Tears rolled down from her eyes and she was in pain. On seeing the pain of his mate , his wolf stated to howl in his head. To Gabriel it felt like someone just plunged the dagger in his wolf's leg but he ignored that thought. She pushed him on doing this. She herself is responsible , he thought

" Let's try one more time. Open your eyes and look at me " Gabriel said again and this Laila opened her eyes and without wasting a second , she looked at him. Hazel met with his grey ones. It felt like the world stopped for a minute, for Laila it was because of fear and for Gabriel in amusement.

With tears and fear in her eyes , she was looking at him. ' I can play with her for some time. She doesn't have to die today ' with that thought Gabriel pulled out the dagger slowly from her leg. This made Laila again screaming in pain

" Stay away from her you beast " Catylin said without any fear. " Whatever happened was because of us , not my children , you guards already have killed one on my children , please leave my daughter " Catylin was crying by the end of this.

Gabriel looked around for a while and asked from his guard " Where is the other one ?" his guard , the one who aimed and fired told him what happened. Gabriel listened everything in calm. He stood up , turned around, got near to the archer and without a second he pulled his sword out and beheaded him.

The royal members couldn't believe what they saw . They all knew that he is cruel but cruel to this extent.

" Take his head and hang it outside the castle to teach everyone a lesson that I , Gabriel don't leave the one who disobeys " this shocked everyone's core . Few guards came forward took his body and head and left the scene in order to obey their alpha orders.