chapter 8 (b)

" No dear ! don't say these kind of things . if someone conveyed them to alpha you will get in big trouble. Just do what he says or demands and you will be safe. Please eat , we don't want anything bad happen to you " Martha tried to calm by giving me some advice.

" Let him do what he can do but I am not going to eat " this time I replied sobbing and in anger. All the people who were around me , their face color got drained. One of the girls , who was a servant , I assume from the clothes said in fear " please if you won't eat then alpha will punish all of us " . the servant girl was shaking by the end of her reply.

" Fine. I'll eat " my answer made all them happy. Happiness was all on their faces that instant. They served me food and when I looked at my plate , I couldn't believe on my eyes. The food looked like it was for some high lord or a king or queen. I couldn't help but wonder why they will serve me this kind of food ? I am his prisoner not a guest. What is he planning to do to me ?

I was about to take the first bite of the delicious meal when some thoughts ran into my mind and I instantly asked " What happened to my family ? are they dead ? where is Noha ? " one side of my heart didn't want the answer of this but the other side wanted to know what exactly happened.

" Sorry. We are not allowed to talk to you about these kind of things " Martha replied with an apologetic tone. I signed and started to eat my meal. It was heavenly.

Few days have passed and now I'm feeling much better. My leg wound also healed a lot , faster than normal , maybe they have some kind of special herbs which I didn't know about before. All I want is to get out from this bed and run away from this place. Suddenly the door of infirmary opened and Martha came inside with another servant girl beside her. She was carrying a dress in her hands. The dress looked exactly same what servants here wore. She placed the dress in front of me and said " Wear it " Martha said in monotone. I was about to get out when Martha aggressively said " hurry up ! I don't have so much time " I couldn't understand why this sudden change in behavior but I dismiss all of these thoughts and did what she want.

I came out from the side room after changing into this servant's uniform and waited for Martha to talk.

" You are appointed as personal maid of alpha. His highness has choose you by himself. You will serve him. you will obey everything what he says. You are not allowed to say NO to him for anything. Failed to do any job, you will get punished as per as alphas order and trust me he doesn't leave any person who crosses him. this is the list of his chores. You will do exactly as stated. This girl will give you a tour around. Don't get in any trouble " Martha said in monotone.

Her words shocked me and the last thought that came to my mind was ' he will take advantage of me and will leave me to die in the end ' . I hate myself for being in a constant state of fear. More than that I hate him for everything.