Chapter 9(b)

We started to walk again in a different direction. She led me to a small room. There was a small single bed and a small cupboard. That was all.

" This is your room now " she said .I didn't even like a bit but its better from nothing.

" I should leave now. Take care " she was about to leave my room when I called her

" Hey Ashley ! can I ask you one more thing " she nodded in yes

" If , everything you said about my family is true and he attacked us because he wanted to kill us then why he spared my life and took me his castle and healed me " this question was running in head. I had to ask her.

" No one know. Even no one in castle figured it out yet. Only alpha knows " she said.

" Maybe he wants to torture me before killing me " I said lost in a different world.

" No. if alpha wants to torture you then he wouldn't appoint you as his personal maid. He could have thrown you in the dungeons for the rest of your life or could have sold you in market " she said in defending his alpha. The thought of dungeons and to be sold off gave me chills and she noticed.

" hey ! no worries. He didn't do any of those things. Just don't push him to edge and you will be fine " she again give me the same advice.

" Have some sleep. From tomorrow you are going to work " she said with a smile and left.

I changed my cloths and lay down on the bed. It wasn't very comfortable like I had before but it was fine. In this rough time , what else you can expect. I should be grateful that he is not making me sleep out in cold or on the floor.

Sun rose up and I couldn't sleep whole night. Different sort of thoughts were running on my mind. My family , I don't know what happened to them , he hated us so much , there is no chance that he spared the life of my parents but as I haven't seen them die in front my eyes , there was still some hope left in me. Noha ? I traded my life for him. Though he didn't kill me but I begged him and offered him to take my life instead of them. Where did he go ? did they left him in Snowgardens or took him with them or have thrown him somewhere else ? I've to find my answers now .

In morning ,I dressed up in maids uniform. Tied my hair in a neat bun as per orders and then went towards kitchen. The cooks have arranged all of his dishes. I picked up the large heavy tray and went for the lion's den.