chapter 9(a)

Martha left both of us alone. The servant girl was here with me .

" My name is Ashley. Let me give you a quick tour of the places you are connected with " she said with a smile and light tone. She had brown hair and beautiful eyes. She doesn't look like a servant , maybe they also kidnapped her like me. But she seems nice. If I befriend her maybe she could get me some information about my family.

" Hey ! where are you lost. I know you are scarred from alpha but don't worry as long as you don't test his patience you will be safe " she said with some love in her voice. I'm starting to like her.

" Let's get going " I said without wasting a minute. We got out of the infirmary. My leg wound still hurts but not too much. I'll take care of that.

" My name is Laila " I told her my name.

" We know " she gave me single reply.

" How ? I'm not someone important " I said out of curiosity.

" Well it's not everyday when alpha comes back home with a human in his arms. " she said in a cheerful tone.

" What do you mean by human ? " I couldn't understand her reply. Before her reply, some beautiful girls passed by and all of them gave me death glares. Seeing my confusing expressions , Ashley finally said

" Alpha hates humans. So for everyone it was difficult to digest that alpha took a human in our world . It's against the code but since he is the king , he can change any rule at anytime as per he desire "

" Your world " I'm still not getting the complete picture.

" We are shape-shifters. You are in the lands of wear-wolves " she replied like it was a normal thing. In childhood, I've heard few stories about these creatures and thought that they only exists in stories. This was a lot to process. I decided to stay quiet for a while

Ashley showed me the inner gardens and kitchen. " This is laundry " she said . I wasn't used to do any chores. What if I get anything wrong ? How will he punish me ?

" You said earlier that he hates human. Why ? " I inquired

" Your family, humans , killed our previous alpha. " she said in hate.

" My father cant do that " I replied not believing what I just here. But then I remember my mom's final words before drinking that liquid. I don't want to believe it but this information was adding up ever missing piece of puzzle. I'm going to find it out by myself.

We walked for a few more minutes and came inside a corridor . At the end of that corridor , there were huge wooden doors. A wolf was sculpted out on the door.

" This is the chamber of our alpha. You are going to come here as per schedule from tomorrow morning. Don't mess up. It's for your own safety " she said like a sincere friend. Maybe I can trust her.