Chapter 19

Chapter19

Cayden's POV

"Oh sorry man. Looks like there isn't enough room for you. I can still give you a ride home, but u are going to have to sit on one of the guys laps." Max said and let out a small chuckle.

"That's fine man. I'll just catch up with Hailey. She probably still here. See ya later guys." I said and started back toward the other side if the parking lot.

I rounded the corner to the open parking lot around the back of the school to see a bunch of guys huddled together in a small circle. I didn't recognize them from this school, but they seemed oddly familiar.

Walking up to them I peered over one of their solders to find some dude crouched over a girl's body and sending a punch into her gut. By the way she wasn't defending herself I could tell that she was passed out. There was something familiar about the dress she wore. Hailey was wearing the same colored dress and the same style. But that couldn't be her, these douches had no reason to be doing this to her.

Hold up. The guy to towering over her looks a lot like the guy a the party that was trying to make moves on her. That dick Stephan from out of town. I though I told him to back off. he had already been in jail once, no point in going again.

Stephan was about to go in for another punch. I backed up and ran though the small crowd of his drunk friends which sent a couple of them tumbling to the floor. Basterds deserved it for letting him touch a girl that this. I was towering over both if them. He must not have heard me or noticed that I had come. Quickly, I sent a solid kick into his side making him fall over.

I got down in my knees alongside Hailey to see if she was seriously hurt. Stephan staggered to his feet and was at my side again. I was up on my feet just as he was pulling his fist back. Easily, I caught it before it could land in my jaw. Still holding onto his arm I quickly twisted it behind his back. A few curse words slipped out of his mouth as I did so. By the stench he was repelling I could tell that he was wasted. I was also pretty sure he was high.

Putting my lips to his ear I hissed. "What the hell did I tell you Stephan? Stay the fuck away from Hailey. We don't want you yo go to jail again, do we?" I spat and tightened my hold on his arm. "Remember, I know some really important people. I can have you in that pretty orange jump suit again with just one phone call. Bet your little friends would love to come and visit you behind bars. What would your mommy think, huh? Such a great ass of a son I raised."

He pulled on his arm as I said this, but my hold was to tight for him. "Get the hell off me Parker." He spat.

"One on condition. Get out of my town and run back to your shit hole and take you friends with you. Never come around here or within fifty feet of my family. Just so you know, I consider Hailey part if my family. If I see your face again I will not hesitate to call my uncle and have you put back where you belong. Got it?"

His shoulders slumped in defeat. He slowly gave me a nod. I let go of his arm and threw him to the ground. "Get out of my sight. Now."

Stephan sighed and stood up. With one last glare at me he walked off in the direction I assumed was his car. His friends slowly started to follow behind him like lost puppies.

Once I made sure they were out of the lot I crouched down beside Hailey. The beautiful girl had blood covering her left cheek and blood mattered in her hair. The dress that was hugging her body was ruined. Also, she has a busted up lip and a tinge of purple to her right eye.

"Hailey, wake up babe. Come on, if you don't wake Colten is gonna kill me." I whispered. No response. "Damn." I hissed and slipped her fragile body into my arms and carefully jogged to my car. I set her into the back seat and buckled her in.

Running around to the drivers side I slid in, buckled, and quickly started the car. Looking in the rear view mirror I looked at her broken body. Her skin was pale an she had multiple small cuts spread over her legs.

Her breathing was shallower than before. I pushed my foot harder on the pedal. I had to get her home now.

**************

What do you all think? Good? Bad?

Please let me know(:

ashley<3