Volume 1 Chapter 2

A multitude of clashes crossed the entirety of the battlefield. The two combatants moved like shooting stars. Speed such as theirs wasn't something that could easily replicated by regular people. Tetsuo's katana and Taku's Rakuza smash into each other, debris flying in all directions. "Heh.. So this is the strength of a hybrid Uncontrolled. You truly are a monster." Says Tetsuo as he firmly grips his sword's hilt with both hands, pushing against the opposing weapon with all his might. "The same could be said for you, 'Demon General Tetsuo the Strong'. If I'm a monster, then you're the king of the beasts." Taku's words angered him, causing the man to kick him in the stomach. Taku slides back and holds his stomach, wincing a bit.

"Don't compare me to you, monster.... We're nothing alike! Haaaaaaa!!!!!" An aura begins to surround Tetsuo as if he were gathering up all his strength for a finishing attack. Demon Generals are the strongest of the AUA. They have skills and techniques unique to them that others are unable to replicate. "Now I'll show you... The power of the human heart! Finishing Strike: Earth Splitting Sword!" He slams his blade into the ground, sending forth a massive vertical wave of pure energy towards Taku. Crossing his swords in an X formation, Taku does his best to block the incoming strike. Some of the energy passes through and slices his arms and legs. He then swings his arms outwards, sending the energy away in two different directions. "Is that all you've got? You've got a long way to go if you want to beat me."

Both blades are then thrown at Tetsuo, spinning like saw blades. He holds his katana horizontally, blocking the two blades as they clash with it. Sparks fly as he is pushed back by the attack. Taku then rushes forward and suddenly vanishes as soon as he gets close to Tetsuo. "Wh-What?! Wh-Where did he-.." He reappears behind him and readies his fist. "Behind you.." A powerful straight jab is launched into the Demon General's spine, causing him to fly forward and his arms cut by the spinning blades before Taku catches them. He slides against the ground, just lying there as if he had died. However, he was not dead. Taku wouldn't allow for that to happen so easily. "You're finished, Tetsuo the Strong. Don't even get back up."

He staggers to his feet, using his katana to hold himself up. "D-Damn you.... hybrid.. You won't get away with this.." Taku puts his weapons away and turns his back towards Tetsuo. "This battle isn't over... It isn't over, damn it!!!" He yells to the top of his lungs as Taku walks away. Meanwhile, all the other soldiers had just finished defeating the remaining Uncontrolled. Taku finds Mizuki and grabs her hand. "Come on, Mizuki. We're getting out of here." Guiding her along, the two begin to make their escape, but are stopped by Yato, who was pointing his dagger at them. "Y-You two, stop right there! My name is Yato Matsunaga and as a member of the Anti Uncontrolled Army and Tetso Hanesaka's apprentice, I command you both to surrender! If not, I-I'll... use force!"

The boy was clearly afraid, but had a duty to uphold. He had to fight, even if it meant losing his life. "Tak-kun.." Mizuki calls to him while gripping his sleeve. "I've got this, Mizuki.. Stay back." He starts to make his way towards Yato, who gets into a fighting stance. "Stop right there!" Even though he gave an order, Taku continued walking forward. "I-I said stop ri-..." Before he could even finish speaking, Taku was standing at his side and proceeds to chop the boy in the back of his neck. This causes him to become unconscious as he falls to the ground and passes out. "Sorry, kid. We don't have time to be playing around with you. Come on, Mizuki." The girl nods and follows along, grabbing Taku's hand again and the two exit the battlefield.

One day later, Tetsuo awakens from his 24 hours of slumber within a bed located in the AUA's medical center. "Wh-where am I?" He looks around the room as a nurse shows up at his bedside. "You're in the medical center, Mr. Hanesaka. The others found you and Mr. Matsunaga passed out there. The injuries you sustained were pretty serious. A small spinal fracture and deep lacerations within your forearms. We're just lucky we made it in time to get you back here and treat you." She gives him a reassuring smile. "What about young Yato? Is he hurt!?" She gently places her hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Relax. He's doing okay. He was just knocked out. See? He's sleeping over there." The nurse points to the bed Yato was sleeping in.

Seeing him sleeping soundly allowed Tetsuo to ease his mind as he releases a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. If he were to be seriously injured, I'd never forgive myself." The nurse laughs softly and nods. "You're a wonderful mentor, Mr. Hanesaka. I'm sure he'll grow into a splendid fighter, just like you. Anyway, I'll give you some space so you can relax. Call me if you need anything." She bows before exiting the room. Tetsuo looks at Yato one more time, his smile fading and replaced with a glare. "Damn you, Hybrid-01... You'll never get away with this. I will see to it that I eradicate you and every other disgusting Uncontrolled in this world..." He grits his teeth in anger. It looks like this battle was a loss for the AUA and a win for Taku Kitazawa.