Volume 3 Chapter 16

The cries of a slain Uncontrolled could be heard as Taku finishes clearing out an area of them. A hive of them weren't far from where the two were staying, so he wanted to make sure things were safe and it'd be quite some time before any more make their way here. He lets out a sigh of relief and wipes the sweat from his brow. "Whew... That makes about... 150? That was a lot of work. I think it's time for lunch, actually. Mizuki said she'd be preparing a vegetable stew, right? Hehe... I can't wait for it." He starts to head back to their hideout. During that time, the AUA had begun to make their move. Soldiers had been watching Taku and Mizuki's every move for 24 hours and were waiting for the arrival of their general, Tetsuo, so that he could give orders. It wasn't long before he makes it there. "We've arrived. So... Where is he?" Tetsuo asks a soldier who was watching through binoculars. "Over there, sir." He hands the binoculars over to Tetsuo, who then uses them to view Taku from afar.

"Hehe.. There you are, Taku Kitazawa." He hands the binoculars back and turns to look at Yato and Madison. "It doesn't look like Hybrid-03 is with him. She must be at their hideout and that's where he is heading towards. I want the two of you to go there and take her out. Be careful, though. As you know, hybrids can create the smog and summon Uncontrolled. I've heard she has no Rakuza weapons, so you won't have to worry about her fighting back. Just handle her swiftly and return to my side." Yato tilts his head. "What about you, Tetsuo? Don't tell me you're going to take Hybrid-01 on alone." He asks in a worried voice. "Hey, now... We agreed I'd get to kill him." Madison steps forward. "Rest easy, Madison. I won't take the kill. That final hit will be all yours. She smirks and nods. "Alright, then." He nods in return. "Okay, you two. Let's move out!" They both respond at the same time. "Right!"

Taku was close to returning to the hideout, only to hear Mizuki scream all of a sudden. His eyes widen as he takes off into a high speed sprint to the entrance. Before he could make it inside, another familiar voice could be heard. "And where do you think you're going, hm?" Taku turns to see his old nemesis, Tetsuo Hanesaka, who was ready to fight. His sword was unsheathed and pointed towards him. "It's been a while, Hybrid-01. Or should I call you your formal name.... Taku Kitazawa." His lips curve into a determined smile. "It's you... The bastard who attacked Mizuki back then. What the hell did you do to Mizuki!?" He starts chuckling, which soon turns into laughter. "Oh, nothing. My comrades, however, are taking care of her as we speak." Taku grits his teeth and prepares to turn and run in the direction of the entrance, but suddenly feels a burning pain amongst his right arm. Blood gushes from the large open wound.

"Ahh!!" He grasps at his arm, looking towards the wound caused by Tetsuo's blade. "A pressurized blade of wind. Compressed enough that it becomes razor sharp. A fun way to attack, is it not? Now... I'm not sure where you're going, but your business isn't in there. It's out here... with me!" He swings his katana launches another blade of wind which slices into his midsection. He rolls against the ground, struggling get back on his feet. "Oh, look at you. You were so high and mighty before. You talked a big game and had the power to back it up as well, but what's this? You seem a bit... out of practice. Or maybe I'm just too strong for you!" He rushes forward in an attempt to slice Taku in half with a vertical slash. Taku quickly rolls out of the way and manages to avoid being hit a third time. He then hops back onto his feet and brings forth his twin blades.

Panting and breathing heavily, Taku manages to let out some words despite the pain he was in. "Huh.. Huh... Y-Yeah.... I'll admit it. You're much stronger than before. I'll give you that. H-However... You're nothing compared to that powerful assassin, Shinku." He quickly closes the gap between him and Tetsuo in a matter of seconds, sending multiple slash attacks at him with both blades. Tetsuo tries his hardest to block off every strike. "Damn.. He's actually a lot faster than before. Did I miscalculate?" He lets his guard down for just a moment, allowing Taku to swiftly send a powerful roundhouse kick into his ribcage. Tetsuo slams into a nearby rock, the bits falling on top of him. "I don't have time for you.. I have to save Mizuki!" He then makes his way into the hideout.