Chapter 21

It's been four years since the incident happened. A week after that, me and Jorge flew to U.S. for my the second opinion that Jorge wanted and I took that time to rest.

We spent the three years together. We'll just go back here to the Philippines to visit or spend holidays.

I wanted to rest there since I'm not comfortable working at home knowing that the building of our company is just minutes away fron our house.

The good thing here is that I can work virtually without being in the Philippines physically.

The doctors told me to let my ears rest at the loud environment and so I did. I let my friends visit here instead if we don't have time while I'm here in the Philippines.

When I told them about my case, they felt sorry since they didn't knew about my hearing condition. They felt sorry because they are always bringing me in the bars.

I told them it was okay since it was already done and it was years ago. Karaleen is now happy with his new partner, Jash is also happy with his millionaire boyfriend while Selene... I don't know, she's always travelling the world because of her modelling career so I guess she's alright.

But when she visited me here in the hospital a week ago, telling me that Karaleen can't go since their flight got hijacked, I noticed that there's something different about her.

Selene had a slim figure. She's maintaining that since she's in the modelling industry but last week, she seemed different. She became curvy compared to her slim figure.

She's pregnant. That ran through my mind but her dating life is much quite than my dating issues about this man who just came in my office.

"Ano na naman, Jorge?" agad kong sabi kahit wala pa siyang sinasabi sa akin.

"You just!" he exclaimed as he sighed, be calmed himself down.

He plastered a smile. I laughed.

"You just got out of the goddamn hospital last two days and now Manuel is right, that you're here." he said as he sat at the chair in front of my table.

"Ahh, talagang pinagkakaisahan niyo 'kong dalawa, ano?" I told him and for a second he got scared but immediately taken aback when he realized that I'm intimidating him.

"Don't!" he exclaimed as he faced his palm at me.

"I'm not doing anything!" natatawa kong sabi sa kanya.

"You are doing something, Dence. Duh." he said as he rolled his eyes.

He remained silent as he's just watching me scan on these papers that's in my table. Applicants for a new girl group that our company is going to build.

"Gusto mo 'kong tulungan mag hanap ng mga magaganda?" I asked him.

"Baka gusto mong sumama sa akin at umalis dito para makapag-pahinga ka?" he fired back and this time, I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm bored in the house, Jo."

"Bored in the house... bored?" he said and I was dumbfounded.

"What the hell is that?" I asked him, clearly because I didn't know why he answered me like that.

"Ayan, puro ka kasi trabaho, bumabad ka rin kaya minsan sa ibang social media applications?" natatawa niyang sabi.

I shook my head because of what he said.

"I don't do social media, dude and you know that." I said to him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm your source of news. Whatever."