Chapter 23

Manuel was the one who put the letter in my side table. It turns out they got into a fight that day when Keith pleaded my brother to give that letter to me.

"Alam ko namang hindi ka na babalik dito kaya napagdesisyunan kong ilagay lang dyan. Baka sakaling dumating ang araw na 'to, oh edi nabasa mo." he said to me as he got the paper away from me.

"At tsaka, hapon na hapon puro ka iyak, Riri. Tigilan mo nga kakaiyak sa lalakeng 'yon." naiinis naman na sabi ng kapatid ko sa akin.

Jorge called him to come over since he's just around the area.

"You should move on, Ri."

"I told you not to call me that." I glared him.

"Wag ka ngang maarte. Anyway, you guys knew already that the company aren't treating them well, right?" he asked to the three of us.

"They deserve it though," Rex said and he just shrugged as we looked at him.

"I like the attitude, boy." my brother said as the both of them did a fist bump.

After that we went out of my unit and went into a near café to catch up. Many of the customers took a photos of us while we entered the vicinity.

"I kind of miss the spotlight." I heard Rex said as we sat down in one of the vacant tables at the back part of the café.

"What are you doing anyway?" I asked Rex.

"Kakain ka ulit, Dence? Puro ka lamon." sabi naman ni Jorge sa akin at tiningnan ko lang naman sya ng masama.

"Tara na nga, Mau. Tayo na ang um-order." hinila naman ni Jorge palayo ang kapatid ko.

"I finished my studies." Rexer answered my questioned and I was surprised.

"Wow. Congratulations!"

"Thank you," he chuckled then looked at me.

"How about you? You and Villin are missing in your graduation rites." he said and I was shocked.

He laughed and said, "It was all over the social media but I didn't know your reason. The reason of Villin, that I know."

I chuckled nervously.

"I have to undergo a treatment."

"So, it gotten worsed huh." he said as if he knew what I've been through.

But then again, I almost forgot that he knew Jorge is my Audiologist because of his sister.

I put my hair behind my ear for him to saw my ear-piece and he looked shocked.

"Yeah. I almost lost it that night." I told him and he patted my head.

"I'm sorry if it weren't for me—"

"It's okay, Rex. I mean, I regretted that I gave him a chance for his dreams eventhough I'm not a part of it."

"I told you not to ruin yourself for him, Eleina." he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh my, God!" tili ng isang babae at bigla naman akong kinabahan.

"Si Ridge!" the other girl said that made my heart hurt a bit.

I was startled when Jorge puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Ako lang 'to, Cadence." she joked and I hit his arm with my elbow.

Nakita kong sinundan ng tingin ni rex si Keith na alam kong nakatingin sa akin dahil ramdam na ramdam ko iyon.

"We forgot that this café was owned by their Manager." Jorge whispered to my ear and in a different angle it looks like he kissed me in my cheek!

"Pucha naman Jorge, ayos-ayusin mo ang pag bulong mo sa akin! Hindi na parang hinahalikan mo 'ko." I hissed at him.

And he really kissed me!

Rex who's watching us just laugh because of my expression.

"Let's do this while he's here," Jorge suggested. Oh this prick!

"At tsaka grabe ka, akala mo naman kung hindi mo 'ko kilala. Ligawan kita mamaya eh." Jorge added and now Rex was the one who has a shocked expression.

"He's not courting you?" he asked.

"Huh?!" I exclaimed and that made most of the people looked at me.

"Ikaw talaga, Jo. Huwag mo nga akong biruin ng ganun." napa-acting tuloy ako ng wala sa oras at hinaplos-haplos ko pa ang mukha ni Jorge. Huhu, patawarin!

"Babe, huwag ka ngang maingay." sabi pa ng gago sa akin.

Binatukan naman ni Manuel si Jorge dahil sa ginagawa niya at inilapag ang tray ng in-order nila.

"Mukhang may kasama," agad na bulong ni Manuel sa amin nang nakaupo siya.

Natawa naman si Rex dahil sa sinabi ng kapatid ko. So, he finds this amusing huh? I find this really immature! Parang mga bata naman pala itong dalawang 'to kapag mag kasama.

"Dalawang iced coffee ang in-order, girl."

Good God, why is he acting this way? Akala ko ba seryoso na itong kambal ko? College student pa rin pala ang ugali?

"Are they usually like this?" tanong ni Rex sa akin nang binitawan na ako ni Jorge at silang dalawa na ni Manuel ang nag bubulong-bulungan habang nakatingin sa lalakeng nasa tapat na namin ngunit naka-talikod.

"I actually don't know. Kakauwi lang namin ni Jorge last last week eh at ngayon lang kami nag kasamang tatlo." sabi ko sa kanya habang busy sa kakainom ng juice na in-order sa akin ni Jorge.

And then someone who looks familiar came in. She's so familiar than even Jorge stopped talking and looked at the woman who is walking towards Keith.

I smirked because it's my time to joke around.

"Who is she?" Rex asked.

"Oh she's an ex-girlfriend of my Doctor who dumped him because of a man and I think we already know who that man is." I answered him.

We saw Keith stood up and kissed the woman, he help her sit down like the woman is disabled and can't pull the chair out of the table.

Keith looked at our table and he waved at us like we're nothing. Like I am nothing!?

"Let's not jump into conclusions and let them eat peacefully." Jorge said as he pat my back.

I smirked again as I look at him.

"Babe," I called him in a loud tone, just good enough for the woman to hear it and bingo, I got her attention.

She looked at us and she's shocked. Of course she should be.

"This is fun, Rexer." I heard my brother said.

"Don't make a scene, Dence. Or else—"

"Do you remember the day when our plane left us because you didn't wake up early because you drank all night—"

Jorge made me stopped talking and that made me so speechless that when he pulled himself away from kissing me, I can't move an inch.

"I told you don't make a scene." Jorge said as he looked at the table in front of us.