Chapter 26

Six months after the incident in my unit, there is a news about The Hours disbanding and it spreads like a wildfire. I just knew about that last night but before the sun rise, sumabog na agad ang balita.

I still don't have a social media but if you're with the people who's mouth won't shut, talagang malalaman mo ang bawat balita sa industriya.

Me and Jorge flew back here in the U.S. since I wasn't getting any better when I'm at the Philippines.

I'm also getting depressed because I can't enjoy music anymore like I used to. Lalo na yung panahong parati akong earphones at hindi pinapansin ang mga tao sa paligid, ngayon hindi na pwede.

I can't hear anymore in my left ear.

In between those six months that I'm here, I collapsed for a total of three times and that made it a lot worse. My right ear is also losing it's purpose, kaya naman nag sikap akong pag aralan ang sign language na sinasabi ni Jorge.

Mommy cried when she knew about my current situation. She told me that I didn't deserve this and that I should be enjoying myself to the music that the industry is making.

I closed my eyes and removed my ear-piece for the meantime so that I'll be cancelling the world and pretend I'm somewhere far away... somewhere that achieving her dreams.

But I felt a kiss on my head and I smile at the thought that Jorge is here to pick me up. Agad niyang inilagay ang ear-piece ko at ngumiti sa akin.

"He's here," he simply said and I think I was about to cry.

It's been six months but he isn't answering my calls or replying to my messages to him. He got angry because of me returning here and he's mad because of what is happening to me.

"Riri," I heard him called me and when I turned around, I saw my twin brother looking at me with teary eyes.

"Mau!" I exclaimed as I ran to him and he welcomed me with an embrace.

"I'm sorry, Ri." he cried and I just cried with him.

"I just can't accept the fact that you ended up suffering like this." he said. "Hindi ko kayang tingnan kang nahihirapan." he added.

"Okay lang, Mau. Ang importante ay nandito ka na." I said and he pushed me lightly for him to see me.

I cried when he put my hair behind my ear.

I was embarrassed on what I've become. I knew I can do better than this but I guess fate won't just let me.

"Who would've thought that the two of you ended up together." my brother said as he was scanning around our apartment.

"Ang sabihin mo, bumigay rin siya sa charms ko." biro naman ni Jorge at siniko ko siya dahil doon.

I gave Jorge a chance three months ago and I think he deserve it since he didn't left my side since day one.

"Um-order nalang tayo ng pizza," suhestiyon ko sa dalawa at sila na mismo ang nag pa deliver.

Habang hinihintay namin ang pizza ay nag kwentuhan muna kaming tatlo.

"The Hours is going to disband now." my brother said and I moved closer to Jorge, not saying a word.

"I made him pay for what he's done to you, Ri."

I was shocked on Manuel's words.

"What are you saying, Man?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I was the one who pushed him to sign the papers for their disbandment. He pushed Rhys and Rocco to do the same since they saw what happened to you that night of their concert under our management." my brother said as if it was nothing.

And then I remembered Keith again. The last time I remember being with him is when Karaleen called him to pick me up at the bar but then they Jorge and him ended up fighting again because of me.

So, I decided to stay here again for the treatment and to avoid the issues between me and the famous singer, Ridge.

"Wait! Why did you do that, Mau?!" I exclaimed.

"For you, Ri! Kung hindi dahil sa kanya, hindi ka naghihirap ng ganito. Ayos lang sana ang kalagayan mo!" sigaw niya pabalik.

Pumagitna naman si Jorge sa aming dalawa, kinalma niya ako at tiningnan niya naman si Manuel.

"Are you thinking straight, dude? How can you do that to them?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Jorge sa aking kakambal.

"I'd do anything for my sister, Jo." he said to him but he was looking at me. "Anything." he added.

I cried again and walked towards him to hug him. We didn't said a thing, we just hugged each other until the pizza arrived.

"So, what are your plans?" tanong niya habang paubos na namin ang isang box ng pizza.

"We're thinking of going home next month since she still needs to continue her treatment." Jorge said as he looked at me.

"Yeah. It's getting much worse every single day kaya naman sinasanay ko na ang sarili ko na hindi makarinig." sinabi ko sa aking kapatid na para bang wala lang ang lahat na nangyayari sa akin.

"You're talking like you're still enjoying the things you love, huh." he simply said as he continued eating.

"I kind of love the silence now," I said and the both didn't say a thing.

I kind of gripped on the reality than sooner or later, I won't hear a single noise in the Earth.

"You're getting creepy now, 'lil sis." Manuel joked.

"Try envisiong yourself not hearing a thing. That is much more creepy." I joked but no one laughed.

I rolled my eyes since the both of them is being serious every minute.

"Chill, dudes. I can still hear in my right ear. Napaka-seryoso naman ninyong dalawa." I said as I was finishing my slice.

"If Mommy heard that, iiyak talaga 'yon." natatawang sabi ni Manuel at natawa naman ako doon.

"Kelan ba yun hindi umiyak?" I said while laughing.

"Kapag tinatawagan ko siya at kung kinakamusta niya ako eh halatang umiiyak siya. Ayaw niyang mag Facetime eh." natatawang sabi ko.

"Ah! Oo! Nahuli ko siya minsan, grabe ang iyak nung kakatapos lang ng tawag niyong dalawa." natatawang sabi naman ni Manuel.

The three of us enjoyed our time sharing our happy moments while we're away from each other and we didn't noticed the time.

When it's almost twelve in the midnight. That's when we decided to call it a night.

Manuel stayed in my old room, while I'm with Jorge in his room.

I moved closer to him as he is hugging me while we're laying down in bed. I'm contented on being with him right now. With him it kind of feels like I'm safe, that I'm home.

Pero iba pa rin ang pakiramdam kapag nasa Pilipinas.

"What are you thinking?" he suddenly asked.

Napansin niya sigurong may iniisip ako kaya niya ako tinanong.

"I'm thinking of going home to the Philippines." I honestly said.

He just kissed the top of my head and hugged me tighter.

"I'll call the hospital tomorrow and tell them we'll continue your treatment at the Philippines." he said and I was shocked.

"Really?" I said with a hint of excitement.

"Syempre naman. Para sa 'yo, Dence." he said as he kissed my forehead this time.