𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

1 week later

today is the first day i'm going back to school since what happened. i told my mom and she called the school telling them that jackson needs to stay away from me. i'm scared that he won't.

"you ready?" payton asks me while we're standing outside the main entrance to the school.

"not at all." i sigh, looking up and then walking into the building. i go into first period and i already don't want to be there. i feel like sleeping.

"ok everyone, we have a new student. his name is quinton." the teacher tells us.

"quinton you can sit by tess." i realize she said my name and i look up.

"tess could you raise your hand so quinton knows who to sit with?" she says. i raise my hand and he sits next to me.

"hey, i'm quinton." he holds out his hand for me to shake it.

"i'm tess." i say, shaking his hand and then laying my head back down on my desk. the teacher hands out assignments and i just sleep the whole class period.

skip to lunch

i sit with the girls and payton at lunch like usual. quinton has been following me around all day, like i'm supposed to be his friend or something.

"you guys seen that new kid quinton?" nicole asks.

"yeah, he's been following me around all day. i had to sit with him in first period." i make an irritated face.

"well that would explain why he's staring at you." riley points out. i turn around and see him looking at me. he notices me looking at him and he smiles and waves. i turn around and then roll my eyes.

"come on, at least be nice to him." kallie pokes me.

"ugh fine. today just isn't my day." i shove a carrot in my mouth and then go over to the table quinton is sitting at.

"do you wanna sit with my friends and i?" i ask, since he's sitting alone.

"as long as i'm not bothering anyone." he's a nice kid. just irritating.

"you won't be." i tell him, and go back to the table. he sits beside kallie and she smiles at me, trying to get me to be nicer.

"so the girl on your right is kallie, the girl on your left is savannah. by savannah is nicole. and then beside me is payton and beside payton is riley." i introduce everyone to each other.

"hey can i steal you for a minute?" payton asks me. i nod and we go out in the hallway.

"is everything ok with you? we can leave if you want. take a breather or something. we don't have to be here." he sounds worried about me.

"no, i'm ok." i smile cause of how sweet he is.

kallie's pov

payton and tess go out in the hallway and they're talking about something.

"are they dating?" quinton points at payton and tess.

"not yet." savannah, riley, nicole, and i all look at each other.

"what do they like each other or something?" he asks. we look around at each other again.

"oh yeah, for sure." riley says.

tess's pov

payton and i walk back into the cafeteria and sit at the table. we all sit there and talk for a while until the bell rings.

skip to last period

"hey pay, i gotta go to science. i'll see you after." i tell payton before i walk to science. i see quinton come up behind me from the corner of my eye and i roll my eyes. of course he's in this class with me. i walk in and sit down at an empty desk in the back. quinton sits up front and i feel like i'm finally at peace for once today.