𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

i wake up in my bed and payton is holding me in his arms.

"hey, did you move me up here?" i ask him.

"yeah." he says, playing with my hair.

"do you wanna do anything today?" he asks.

"mm i don't know. i want to sleep." i say, with my eyes closed.

"okay." he smiles. he lays beside me, and i put my leg around him. i can feel him looking at me.

"stop staring." i smile while saying with my eyes closed.

"i'm not." he laughs.

"sure." i say, still smiling.

"payton," i quickly open my eyes, "we're getting married." it finally hits me.

"omg, we really are. we're getting married. in 5 months. we're going to graduate school and then get married. omg i'm going to have a husband. omg you're going to be my husband." i stop for a minute and just look at him.

"payton you're going to be my husband." i put my hand on the front of his shirt and look at him.

"and you're going to be my wife." he smiles. i literally just melt into his arms. he runs his fingers through my hair and then kisses me.

"i love you. so much." he whispers while laying his head on top of mine.

"i know. and i love you too." i whisper. i fall asleep in his arms. i wake up a few minutes later but i don't open my eyes. i hear little things start playing and payton starts singing it.

"your hand fits in mine like it's made, just for me. but bear this in mind it was meant to be. and i'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks, and it all makes sense to me." i smile and open my eyes.

"i know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you've never loved your stomach or your thighs. the dimples on your back at the bottom of your spine but i'll love them endlessly." payton continues singing and looking at me, playing with my hair.

"i wont let these little things slip out of my mouth. but if i do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to. i'm in love with you and all these little things." i sing. he smiles at me and rubs my chin with his thumb.

"you're perfect." he says. i smile and eventually the music turns off. i just lay beside payton, we don't do anything but lay there in silence.

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray. you'll never know, dear, how much i love you. please don't take my sunshine away." he sings to my softly. i cover my face and laugh.

"you're the sweetest." i tell him.

"you are a beautiful person, with beautiful eyes, and beautiful hair. with beautiful lips, and a beautiful nose. with small, beautiful ears. and a beautiful face. you have a beautiful smile, and i will always love you." he says. i look at him and smile.

"you are my person," i tell him, "and that will never change." i can't stop staring at him because he's so perfect to me. riley walks in the room and jumps on us.

"awe group huggg." she says and we laugh.

"now i'm really a third wheel." she laughs. i put my hand in her face and she grabs my wrist.

"tess... where's your ring..?" she asks me. i start freaking out.

"hey, it's right here." payton grabs my arm and pulls it out of the box.

"oh thank goodness." i sigh with relief, putting my hand on my chest. he puts the ring on me.

"i kept it in there because i didn't want you to lose it." he tells me. i kiss his forehead and then realize riley is just sitting on top of me.

"get offfffff." i say.

"no thanks." she smiles and says.

"bruh get upppppppp." i put my head back. she crosses her arms and doesn't move. i grab a pillow and start hitting her.

"get off of meeeeeee." i say and she gets off.

"ahhhh ok ok i'm up stop hitting me." she laughs and walks out of my room.

"i'm going to take a shower." i tell payton.

"ok. i'll be right here waiting." he says. i get up and take a shower. i get changed and come back into my room and see payton sleeping. i smile at him and crawl in bed beside him. he turns onto his back and i lay on his stomach. he's still asleep and it starts raining outside.

"payton look-" i start to say but i realize he's still asleep so i get up and take my ring off, putting it in the box and going onto the balcony. it's a light rain but i realize i just showered so i go back inside. i grab my ring out of the box and put it on. i lay on the bed and payton turns over, wrapping his arm around me and pulling closer to him. he gives me a small peck on my neck. i get up and pull him up out of bed. i put on little things and we slow dance to it.

"this reminds me of hoco." payton says.

"i miss hoco. that was a fun night." i say, my head resting on his chest. one arm around my waist and the other holding my hand. i put both of my hands on his back and just sway. we dance to the music and then he picks me up, my legs wrapped around his waist, my arms under his arms and on his back, my head resting on his shoulder. his arms holding my legs.

"i love you."i tell him.

"i love you too." he says back.

*this chapter is just a little breather from all the chaos that's happened, just something to process everything that happened in the last chapters bahaha*